The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 7th, 2008, 8:07 pm

ANYthing would sell What Happens In Vegas... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 13th, 2008, 9:11 am

Here's The Little Mermaid II re-release cover:
It's beautiful :D I love it,Ariel looks beautiful :D it's actually one of the best Disney cover (And what's funny is that this one of their worst sequels).
The features are 2 game,Jodi reading the story,Merventure game and a deleted scene.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 13th, 2008, 10:52 am

Ariel looks a lot younger there than she does in the actual movie.

And, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I happened to enjoy TLM II a *lot* more than "Ariel's Beginning".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 13th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Yeah, I would say you are. ;)

On the cover art, I think it's ugly! Really, it looks like photoshop. And that logo is simply horrid.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 14th, 2008, 11:42 am

Wendy's Jane wrote:Ariel looks a lot younger there than she does in the actual movie.

And, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I happened to enjoy TLM II a *lot* more than "Ariel's Beginning".
You are (Okay,maybe Dusterian will agree with you),it's a horrible movie unlike Ariel's Beginning who's a great movie.
Well,it's the Ariel we know (And love) not this grandmother Ariel from Little Mermaid II.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 14th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Here's the bonus features again for clarification:
UD wrote:The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea Special Edition will street on December 16th with two games, a Jodi Benson-narrated virtual storybook, a new deleted song, and the new Underwater Mer-Venture Challenge game.
Oooh, now that has me intrigued! Would be interesting if it was for Morgana, seeing as she didn't get a song. I hope it's good. I actually liked all the songs in LM:II, excluding that Tip and Dash one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 14th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Daniel,I already posted the feautres :).
I actually hope that the deleted song if for Ariel and the part in the original trailer that Ariel looks throught a ship's window and calls for Meldoy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 14th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Hence:
Daniel wrote:Here's the bonus features again for clarification:
Once Upon A Dream wrote:Jodi reading the story
UD wrote:a Jodi Benson-narrated virtual storybook
Once Upon A Dream wrote:and a deleted scene.
UD wrote:a new deleted song
You see why I reposted them? Your first quote makes it sound like Jodi would be on camera reading us a story and the second one is pretty self-explanatory.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2008, 9:23 am

Ariel looks like she should have done in Ariel's Beginning! ;)

"An underwater family adventure"? Man, how tired that sounds...I'm looking forward to seeing this again for the first time since 2001. The opening song put me off from the start, so maybe I can sit and try and see some value in it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 15th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Oh,I see your point,Daniel,so I made it looks like she's reading a storybook on camera like she"ll upload it on YouTube XD.
Ben wrote:see some value in it.
See some value in it? that's one of the worst cheapquels ever.
Ariel's Beginning is much better then that horror,but I have to admit that the features sounds alright and the cover is very pretty...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 15th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Despite how I feel about TLM:II, its not all bad. I love the part when Ariel walks on the water, I think it was around the beginning.

And Ben, wow, you didn't like the opening song!? That's one of the parts I loved. Seeing Ariel sing the lullaby to Melody was just so sweet. :) Granted everything after is a bit tedious, but I still rather enjoy it. Except for the way Eric delivers his lines, ugh.

You know, I'm going to rent TLM:II when it comes out. I haven't seen it since... I bet 2001 too! Toon Disney and Disney Channel often gave it, but stopped around that time. I want to give it another chance, and of course to see this deleted song.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 15th, 2008, 4:33 pm

That part was good (It was after Melody sneaked back into the castle) but it's still an awful movie.
The opening song was good,until Morgana came.
I"m curious about the deleted song.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 16th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Here's something else that wasn't mentioned:
UD wrote:On the same day, it will be available in The Little Mermaid Trilogy ($50.00 SRP) box set with its 1989 predecessor's Platinum Edition and the recently-debuted Ariel's Beginning plus 3 exclusive lithographs.
Same day as TLM:II, September 12. Here's the cover art:

Oooh, very classy, I like it! :) I doubt I'll get it, though. I wonder what scenes will be depicted on the lithographs.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 17th, 2008, 11:42 am

Oooh,nice cover :D thought I don't think that I"ll buy,I already have The Little Mermaid PE and I also have Ariel's Beginning (Thought it's without the features).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 17th, 2008, 2:41 pm

September 12? December 16, right?