SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 8th, 2008, 5:19 pm

The Lizard can be very neat :D but he was in the Spider-Man 3 game,can he still be in the movie? thought they wanted to add Vulture in Spider-Man 3 and he was in the first Spider-Man game on the first film.
I whould also love to see Venom but I heard that you can see his skeleton when the bomb explode and I even saw that in a video on youtube (Thought you can't really it in the scene itself,it's only it's clear in the picture).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 21st, 2008, 11:52 am

Interesting article:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46190

May 2011. That's going to be six whole years after the last one!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 21st, 2008, 12:01 pm

Wow,weird :shock:.
So a Shrek Movie and a Spider-Man won't be together? :(.
Well,at least there's a release date :).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 21st, 2008, 5:55 pm

Well, there <I>is</I> a lot of other stuff coming out in the next couple of years. My guess is that they may introduce a new Spidey if that character shows up in the Avengers movie, and then use that actor/cast in subsequent films.

I can't very well see Tobey continuing by that time...it would be Spider-Middle-Aged-Man by then, surely?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 1st, 2008, 11:55 pm

Interesting:

*comic storyline spoiler*

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/28/br ... n-4-roles/

But I really hope Raimi comes back...not just because he's a good director (even with SM3's missteps) but because no matter what the franchise I have a real problem with starting with one director and ending up with another...just kind of jarring. Almost no franchise I can think of has benefited from this. (Except Alien/Aliens, although T3 wasn't that bad)

It's sort of a continuity thing. To me it's not enough that "the actors" come back--with a new director, to me, it's like a whole new world.

With films that aren't very good this can be beneficial, (like with BB and TDK--compared to Schumacker's movies anyway) but for me having a whole new director is like being a little kid in school and having a teacher take a leave of absence and have another teacher take over--whether or not you liked the original teacher, you have to get used to a whole new person/routine/environment.

To me that's kind of like a new director taking over a movie--especially if you loved the film. The new director may be good too, but it's just not the same. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 3rd, 2008, 1:24 pm

I dunno, I always thought the Harry Potter series was succesful despite having several different directors.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 6th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Looks like Vi got her wish: 1 2.

Just be an improvement over Spidy 3, please. Awful film that was.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 6th, 2008, 3:18 pm

Hollywood makes me aaangry! Grr!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 7th, 2008, 11:49 am

What was so bad about Spider-Man 3? I liked it :).
It had it's dumb parts (Peter now only thinks about himself,Peter being so busy with Mary Jane they didn't noticed a meteor falling right in front of them,and the annyoing people of New York,who decided they like Spider-Man (And they always bash him and hate him) and think he's a role model for 5 years old) but pretty good film :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 7th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Ugh, don't remind me about the meteor. :(

What was bad? Well, they tried to cram too much into it for one. Three villains was a lot and with them trying to give each one enough attention, I think all their potential was wasted. With Sandman, it really felt like they were trying to reach what Spidy 2 accomplished with Dr. Octopus. Certainly they had an opportunity, what with him only doing bad acts for his daughter, but it was simply pushed aside for a pointless battle. Yay. And then revisited at the end, only for Sandman to up and disappear. And the whole Uncle Ben thing was just unneeded. Maybe if it was given more time, or heck its own movie, but it just felt forced.

And Harry, wow. Talk about anti-climatic. His whole motive, what he tried to do most in Spidy 3, instantly changes because the butler tells him his father was nuts. Really?! That is just lazy. Couldn't the writers have made up a more believable way of Harry finding out?

Those are some of my reasons of why I think it's bad. Not to mention Venom, what they did to Mary Jane and Peter's boss... It's movies like this that give sequels a bad name. Grr! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 7th, 2008, 8:10 pm

Tobey's going to be like 40 or something by the time these are done! Uh-oh...

By the by, even though the third was bigo-lameo, I guess Tobey finally worked out that, without the Spider, he doesn't have much of a career...

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 7th, 2008, 9:58 pm

It'll also take forever for the Robotech movie to get off the ground if it ever does.

That's definitely a good example of a film that probably won't release until Maguire is close to 40!

I'm not counting on the Robotech film to be made, though. Between the obvious signs of problems (rewriting the story to take place in the future as we're practically past the time frame of the original story!) and talk about redesigning the classic mecha designs of Macross (probably to avoid lawsuits from the Japanese and having to pay the copyright owners of the designs), you know it'll probably take at least half that film's budget to do the special effects well.

I would not be surprised if the FX budget kills Robotech.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 8th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Daniel wrote:Ugh, don't remind me about the meteor. :(

What was bad? Well, they tried to cram too much into it for one. Three villains was a lot and with them trying to give each one enough attention, I think all their potential was wasted. With Sandman, it really felt like they were trying to reach what Spidy 2 accomplished with Dr. Octopus. Certainly they had an opportunity, what with him only doing bad acts for his daughter, but it was simply pushed aside for a pointless battle. Yay. And then revisited at the end, only for Sandman to up and disappear. And the whole Uncle Ben thing was just unneeded. Maybe if it was given more time, or heck its own movie, but it just felt forced.

And Harry, wow. Talk about anti-climatic. His whole motive, what he tried to do most in Spidy 3, instantly changes because the butler tells him his father was nuts. Really?! That is just lazy. Couldn't the writers have made up a more believable way of Harry finding out?

Those are some of my reasons of why I think it's bad. Not to mention Venom, what they did to Mary Jane and Peter's boss... It's movies like this that give sequels a bad name. Grr! ;)
It was too busy but still,and Uncle Ben was uneeded,it was already done int the first movie,and the butler was dumb,when there was a butler in the other moive and why couldn't he told him eariler what happened to his father? he remembered to tell him after he turned into New Goblin? :roll:,yeah,they should have came up with a better idea to make him realize that.
Venom wasn't even mentioned and they already killed him in Spider-Man 3.
Mary Jane was alright,thought all the bad things happened to her,but Peter was really out of character so you can sorta understand her.
And Jamson wasn't good.
Can't they release Spider-Man 4 in 2010?.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 8th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Thread renamed...please keep all SM4 <I>and</I> 5 related posts in here please. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 9th, 2008, 2:43 pm

I wonder what this movie will be about,maybe that clone saga? I hope not.