SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » September 9th, 2008, 3:08 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:I wonder what this movie will be about,maybe that clone saga? I hope not.
clone saga? I think you're in the wrong thread. :roll:
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 9th, 2008, 3:12 pm

He had a clone in the comics,I hope it won't be in the movie :?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 16th, 2008, 3:43 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 19th, 2009, 9:50 am

Not really related to the next films but since I remember similar posted in those kind of threads...
Someone over here dressed up as Spider-Man,went to a road and threw ropes on cars,he got arrested but escaped the other day to another road to rescue others drivers and I think he ran away from the police XD.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by parka » February 21st, 2009, 1:54 am

If the story is good, they can just keep the Spiderman sequels coming.

The second movie was really good storytelling.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 21st, 2009, 2:07 am

I think the secret to a good comic book movie is limiting the villains to just one in each movie. It seems that when there are more than one the movie seems to get too convuluted with the stories. If there is a need for two villains then they need to be working together from the get go. See Batman Returns and Batman Forever. Spidey 3 lost a lot of it's fun by having two distinct operating villains and all the other storylines as well.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2009, 2:23 pm

The shame of 3 was that they didn't <I>really</I> know that there was going to be a definite 4 so they couldn't exactly set up a cliffhanger - and they had a director who was opposed to one of the villains!

In my original review I believe I said that it would have been great to run with Sandman and Goblin II, which had its own story there anyway, and expand Sandman as the main villain correctly, while <I>setting up</I> Venom throughout the film as a very loose subplot, ready to pounce at the end in the last very few minutes as a cliffhanger to part 4. That obviously didn't happen and trying to bring back Venom for anything satisfactory isn't much of an option.

However, now they have 4 and 5 working together, one would hope that they have something more concrete in place for 4 and allow a cliffhanger to spill over into 5, to be resolved on end in a definitely final 6. Of course, Sandman wasn't exactly "killed" off either, so it would be neat to have a final resolve to that character too, one way or the other.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » February 21st, 2009, 3:12 pm

Whatever the "bury one's face in one's hands" moments of number 3, I must allow for the "birth of Sandman" scene. No lie, it brought a tear to me eye.

At this point they can do whatever they wish with the series as I'll always have #2 to fall back on.

GeorgeC

Spider-Man 4 CANCELLED

Post by GeorgeC » January 11th, 2010, 7:13 pm

http://www.newsarama.com/film/Spider-Ma ... 00111.html

For days there's been talk of an impasse between Director Sam Raimi and Sony brass.

Sony brass wanted two villains in the film (spotlighting Black Cat) while Raimi wanted one classic villain -- the Vulture.

(Fans know how well the two-villain strategy worked in the two Schumacher Batman films and Spider-Man 3. Sony brass didn't get the memo obviously...)

John Malkovich had been confirmed to play the Vulture and most of the recurring cast (Maguire, Dunst, et al) had been signed up for the film.

That's no longer the case...

Sony has bid bon voyage to Raimi and the actors from the previous 3 Spider-Man live-action films and is taking Peter Parker back to high school...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 11th, 2010, 7:34 pm

Wow.

I loved the first two films, and thought that Raimi got far more right than wrong, but will not miss those two actors at all. Malkovich as the Vulture would have been cool, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 11th, 2010, 10:33 pm

It's the Curse of the IV's--
We can expect news of Pirates IV's self destruction/delay/change-of-director/more-delay soon...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 11th, 2010, 10:36 pm

So the next film won't be part 4, it'll be a new part 1? Hmmm... Maybe it won't be so bad. I always thought that the way part 3 ended would have been a decent ending if it had been left as a trilogy. Now it is. Note to Sony: If you're going to start over, please, please, PLEASE base the story on Ultimate Spider-Man! Bendis's version is, IMO, the best Spidey since Stan and Steve and Sony could do a lot worse than adapting it.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Heard about this earlier, and have been furious about it ever since. It is THE worst movie news that I've heard in a long time.

There's just no need to "reboot" this franchise right now. :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 12th, 2010, 6:06 pm

they need to leave Spider-Man alone... but then God forbid the movie rights end up back at Marvel... which these days... means Disney.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 12th, 2010, 6:58 pm

No, it would still be in Marvel's hands. Disney pretty much said that they were going to leave Marvel alone. I believe the quote was, "If it ain't broke..."
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83