SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Aunt May the Movie is Coming!

Post by droosan » November 11th, 2014, 9:49 am

re: the cover blurb .. aren't pretty much all of Marvel's comics 'imaginary stories'.. :?:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » November 11th, 2014, 10:00 am

One would hope that this won't mean that they're adapting Trouble, but given how desperate Sony seems to be...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 11th, 2014, 10:28 am

Oh my. This just gets worse and worse! How can a film company not have any idea how to do a Spider-Man movie? Sure, you can fall into the trap of just doing the same movie over and over again, but with over 50 years of comic history behind him, surely Spidey has had more than one filmable story?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 11th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Latino Review?--A hoax. An imaginary story. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 11th, 2014, 7:48 pm

And sony just confirmed it's not real so that ends that folks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 11th, 2014, 9:05 pm

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 12th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Could someone with power maybe merge this into our Spidey thread? Might be best to have this there, especially since this was apparently a false rumor. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING SPIDER MAN

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2014, 5:42 am

Done! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 10th, 2014, 11:26 am

So, yeah, now this could be happening...

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-animat ... rd-miller/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 10th, 2014, 4:56 pm

If Lord and Miller aren't available, Sony should get Ralph Bakshi to direct.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 10th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Or...or...

They could just give the rights back to Disney.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 10th, 2014, 5:19 pm

droosan wrote:If Lord and Miller aren't available, Sony should get Ralph Bakshi to direct.
Is the guy still alive?? :shock:
(Last time anyone heard from him, he was animating sexy Sorayama robots on HBO, and that was in the 90's...)

But they want to do a "humorous" take on Spidey--
And as one who already can't stand to watch more than five minutes of Disney's Peter-Parker-meets-Ferris Beuller Ultimate Spiderman, that's definitely flooding the market.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Actually, the last time anyone heard from him was when Rand and I met him at Comic-Con in 2008. More recently he's been animating on his long gestating project The Last Days Of Coney Island, which I believe has been put into production.

Yes, flooding the market...and a further act of desperation in attempting to go the Lego/Lego Batman route. At least they know that their take on a love-action Spidey is pretty much done.

A new leak from Sony (in that big cyber hack of theirs) says that Disney approached them about getting Spidey for Civil War and letting them keep him for their own movies, but Sony said "no". How I now just wish that just about any Spidey Sony movie just flop flop flops from here on in...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by kavinmarter » December 11th, 2014, 1:56 am

This will definitely gonna adventures ACtion.!!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 11th, 2014, 4:53 am

Ben wrote: A new leak from Sony (in that big cyber hack of theirs) says that Disney approached them about getting Spidey for Civil War and letting them keep him for their own movies, but Sony said "no". How I now just wish that just about any Spidey Sony movie just flop flop flops from here on in...

At least we got two decent live-action Spider-Man movies in the last 12 years.
It's a miracle that anything decent gets done with Spider-Man nowadays. The original comics themselves have been in a creatively bankrupt holding pattern for at least a quarter-century now. Raimi seemed to know what he was doing with the character in the first two films he did...

The animated Spectacular Spider-Man TV series was actually very good, too... It's probably the best-adapted media version of Spider-Man I've seen. It's too bad that series was cancelled in favor of the newer piece of garbage running on Disney XD. The series MIGHT have ended up just as good at Batman: TAS had it been allowed to go on at least two more seasons... It's a shame a lot good shows get production chopped early because of the capriciousness of executives and changing production regimes. Sony lost the rights to TV/animated versions of Spider-Man after they cancelled Spectacular Spider-Man. The last season of the series aired on Disney XD and Disney didn't pick up the option to fund more episodes. Disney/Marvel wanted full control of the character and a different direction with Ultimate Spider-Man. I don't think I've run across anyone who's seen both shows that actually thinks Ultimate Spider-Man is the better TV series or even a very good adaptation of Spider-Man... it's basically "Marvel Babies."

I think Superman has a worse batting record for live-action... Aside from a few of the animated movies, I don't think there's been a decent high-budget live-action Superman movie since 1981. ('81 for North America; 1980 for the UK.) That last Superman live-action film sure wasn't the character I grew up...

Then again, I did like the Donner Cut better than the original theatrical version of Superman II so that 'sorta' makes a decent, new live-action Superman movie within the last decade.