SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

SPIDEY 4 becomes AMAZING becomes Marvel's SPIDER-MAN

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2007, 11:58 am

With Spider-Man 3 now on DVD and soon to be consigned to the "meh" pile, news has started to sprout on Spider-Man 4, so I thought we should have an official thread for this new chapter in the webbed wonder's filmic adventures.
Hollywood Reporter wrote:James Vanderbilt has been brought on board to pen the screenplay for "Spider-Man 4" for Columbia.

Laura Ziskin is returning as producer of the billion-dollar franchise, though no deals have been made to bring back series director Sam Raimi or stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.

Plot points are being closely guarded by the studio, though the intent is to scale back the story to include only two villains instead of repeating the "Spider-Man 3" model. The third installment, which grossed $336.5 million domestically this year, saw Spidey battle a busy triumvirate of evildoers in the forms of Venom, Sandman and Goblin and was widely reckoned as overly cumbersome with one too many plot lines.

Several writers were being considered for the fourth installment, and Vanderbilt, who wrote the thoughtful if dark "Zodiac," apparently was chosen by Sony brass for his character-driven approach to the story rather than a focus on special effects.

David Koepp, who worked on the first two installments, returned to write a previous draft of "Spider-Man 4."

Vanderbilt, repped by Endeavor and Fuse, quickly has been scaling his way to the upper echelon of screenwriters. He is working on a project based on another Marvel character, Gavin Hood's "Wolverine," for 20th Century Fox.
VERY interesting that there's already been a Koepp draft for a fourth film...
Last edited by Ben on September 8th, 2008, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: SPIDEY 4! Official Movie Thread

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 31st, 2007, 1:32 pm

Can't wait for the movie :D.
A lot of people disliked the 3rd becouse of 3 villain at one movie and becouse it's too long so no wonder they deceided to make 2 villain.
Anyway,my guesses for the villains are-
Carnage (altought i hate him i have a feeling that he's going to be there).
And... i have no idea,maybe,The Lizard was supoused to be in the 3rd and most of the villain were in the video games that were based on the movie so i really don't know,maybe Hobgoblin?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2007, 1:36 pm

So soon? :shock:

Very interesting indeed, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 31st, 2007, 1:41 pm

It's coming in summer of 2009 so that's why it's soo soon :).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2007, 1:47 pm

Nah, I meant the thread, but thankies, Once! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2007, 2:17 pm

Well it was going to start up sooner than later!

I think Lizard is a safe bet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 31st, 2007, 2:50 pm

Oh,okay :D.
(so Once is my nickname? :wink:).
And Ben-i don't that The Lizard will appear,he was suposed to be in the 3rd (which is by the way why he got cut from the Spider-Man 2 game (but appears in the Spider-Man 2 GBA game)) but got deleted and apppeared in the video game insted,i have a strong feeling that it's Carngae.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2007, 4:10 pm

Yup, you like? :)

True Ben, but the day after Spidy 3 was released!? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 31st, 2007, 4:30 pm

Yup :D.
And what do you mean the day after it was released?.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 31st, 2007, 4:39 pm

All I can say is I WANT TO SEE THE LIZARD in this one! :D

And four Spidey films are fine by me, but six of them? I'm guessing that Sony may not do that many when all's said and done.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2007, 4:47 pm

I'll join the bandwagon and say I want the Lizard, too!
Once Upon A Dream wrote:And what do you mean the day after it was released?.
That Spider-Man 3 came out on DVD yesterday. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 31st, 2007, 5:15 pm

There's no way that The Lizard will show up :P.
Really? i didn't know it was yesterday :shock: (anyway i have Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 on DVD and the extras arn't that great).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2007, 7:18 pm

Why not?

He was mooted for 2 and 3. With the main villains running out, he's a shoo-in for 4. Koepp's script certainly had him in there, though if it gets a re-write from this new guy he may be pushed again, but I don't think so.

Basically, after adverse fan reaction to 3, I think they'll be looking to make it up a bit more, and fans wanna see Lizard, plain and simple.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 31st, 2007, 8:32 pm

If they could find a respectable actor and not just some random old guy, I think The Vulture would be great, narratively and visually. And, since he's not enough to carry a whole movie, throw Shocker in there as a first-reel warm up. And they wouldn't have to explain anything. Since Spidey is so well established by now, they could start the story "in medias res" and it would be fine.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 1st, 2007, 8:39 am

If they want two villains, I'm sure one will be a "big" name (Lizard, Vulture) and one will be lesser known to outsiders.

Ask anyone who is not a comic geek who Sandman was and they wouldn't know, but most would know Goblin or Venom, by sight if not name.