Ghostbusters — OFFICIAL THREAD

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Buzz Bumble

Re: Ghostbusters III - OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by Buzz Bumble » August 6th, 2014, 5:43 pm

By the time this actually gets made, they'll have to have all the original cast CGI'ed into it via old footage as the ghosts. ;)

There is also rumours of a new Goonies movie with most / all of the original cast, and a (probably "rebooted") Gremlins movie ... the lazy generation in Hollyweird is still digging through and destroying all the past greats (and not-so-greats) rather than actually trying to come up with anything new themselves. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2014, 6:37 am

Wood. I think you'll find it's "Hollywood".

And, on second thoughts, this wouldn't be so bad, would it...?

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 7th, 2014, 6:56 am

GhostBustiers..? :lol:

.. sorry :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 7th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Ben wrote:Wood. I think you'll find it's "Hollywood".
No, no, "...Weird", it's the word that official Internet Fanboys use when they want to complain about Hollywood in general without actually having a target of blame. :P

And again, if we need a reason, it's a combination of
a) Sony and Dan Aykroyd just being too darn stubborn,
b) studios turning to "horny fan-geeks" stereotypes when they want to revive a franchise (qv. Sony's "Spider-babe" spinoff ideas),
c) the fact that Sony doesn't have a name brand franchise to exploit like the bigger studios (they still want to do one more Men in Black, no matter how many years it takes), and
d) the previously discussed industry mythologizing of Why Movies Were Better in the 80's, and whether we'd come back to theaters again if they bring it back.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2014, 3:53 pm

No, no, "...weird", it's the word we actual Hollywood types are well aware of but HATE unofficial internet fanboys using when 99.99% of the time they really don't get, understand or have any handle on how the business works and how hard it actually is to get a movie through all the filters and means necessary to make it from the germ of an idea to something that can be distributed and played for otherwise appreciative audiences.

I wish some people would have some respect...or maybe they should go find another sandbox to go be a resentful geek in...? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 7th, 2014, 5:17 pm

I wouldn't go as far as to say that; the forum actually has some fairly regular activity, these days. I'm happy to find new posts here several times per day, now. And AFAIC, all 'points-of-view' are welcome. :)

Industry 'digs' don't bother me. I enjoy what I do .. and I've put forth my best effort toward my small contribution to everything I've ever worked on; regardless of how big- or low-budget the project. But I also haven't had much 'say' in how an overall film turns out, and certainly have none in what gets made .. and the same goes for 99.99% of the people in 'Hollyweird'. :wink:

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » August 12th, 2014, 2:25 am

gaastra wrote:Looks like ray and winston may be training an all female team of new ghostbusters! Maybe.
Yep, apparently there's a new bandwagon jumping fad gimmick in Hollywood (as well as the comic book and computer gaming industries) ... all female leads. The fools in charge think that it brings in more female cinema goers / comicbook readers / gamers. :roll:

According to an article in the local newspaper today, as well as Ghostbusters III, other female-lead movies (semi)planned include an all female version of The Expendables, the female Spider-Man spin-off, Wonder Woman, and possibly a Black Widow spin-off from The Avengers.

One of the examples given by the fools in charge is that Lucy (starring Scarlett Johanssen) beat Hercules (starring Dwayne Johnson) at the box office when both opened at the same time and more females went to see Lucy ... welll, duh! Neither of those facts has anything really to do with the fact Johanssen is female. It's more to do with Johnson being a ham-actor in a standard "beat-up and explode everything" movie that most females simply don't want to watch and even most males are getting tired of. If they had used a female actress and called it "Herculeia", it still wouldn't have been any better at the box office (excluding the fact that Herculeia's costume would no doubt have been purposely made to appeal to 13 year old pervert boys to increase audience numbers).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 12th, 2014, 5:56 am

Um, I think it mostly had to do with Scarlett looking *smoking hot* throughout that film! ;)

Plus that the movie's action concept fulfills both male and female fantasies...how could that not be a winner over another tried and tested muscle-bound hero movie?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 27th, 2015, 6:09 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 27th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Annnnnnd.....they went with the babes.
Or, at least, Melissa McCarthy, because they now always want to put her in buddy-action comedies hoping "The Heat" will happen again. And got the Heat writer and the Bridesmaids director just in case.

Now all those female Ghostbusters fans can come rushing to the theater. ;)
(If there was one movie ever made that ever truly encapsulated the mythos of the Male Uber-Geek...)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Oh dear... They all just look so...old! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » January 27th, 2015, 8:04 pm

I've got no problem with a female Version of Ghostbusters (more summer blockbusters should take note and create more compelling female roles as well), and that solid cast reinforces my optimism. Especially the talented Kristen Wiig!
Last edited by LotsoA113 on January 28th, 2015, 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 27th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Uh-huh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 27th, 2015, 9:42 pm

What....does the Bridesmaids director...even KNOW about the dangers of crossing proton plasma streams?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 27th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Nice cast, really. The first films had a big Second City/SNL vibe, so having a SNL-type cast for this one seems like a natural.