X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men: First Class

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2014, 4:06 pm

Nightcrawler and Gambit to appear in Apocalypse?

http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse- ... htcrawler/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 24th, 2014, 10:53 am

Trailer 2!!!! :)

Weird Anna Paquin's name was in the credits...maybe she wasn't cut after all? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 24th, 2014, 3:46 pm

That *may* be a contractual thing (you have no idea the shenanigans that goes on about cast billing), although it would be strange to follow through with it knowing she has been cut from the film, especially since this indicates she's in the film and there may be some that see it specifically as fans (a small minority, granted, but they could be seen as selling a film with a named actor who isn't actually featured).

It can only be two things: they are obliged contractually to acknowledge her...or she is indeed in the film, however small her role (and bear in mind this may even be a glimpse of her in just a wide shot, for instance)...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 24th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Singer: The master of shooting expensive sequences that he ends up cutting from the film.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 31st, 2014, 12:09 pm

TV spot, with a few new scenes. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 8th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Some very cool new posters:

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-posters/

*A couple of mild spoilers on the page*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Original trailer from fourteen years ago:

They've come a long way... :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 16th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Final trailer...ahhh...so awesome (it does show a lot though, just fyi :) )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 16th, 2014, 5:06 pm

DOFP looks really cool and I can't wait to see it, but I have to say the chronology of these films is completely screwed now. Stay with me for a second: Based on the inclusion of certain plot elements, The Wolverine is explicitly a followup to The Last Stand and, based on the post-credits teaser, DOFP is explicitly a followup to The Wolverine. So far so good. But then they had to screw it up by combining it with elements from First Class which, while an awesome film on its own, cannot possibly be in the same continuity as the other films because the entire freaking story completely contradicts everything that was said and/or shown in the first four about how and when the school was founded.

For example, in X1, Xavier clearly states that Jean and Scott were among the first students and the next few films back this up, whereas First Class takes place in the 60s when Jean and Scott, presumably (based on thier age and the timeframe covered by the first four films), hadn't even been born yet. And that's not even getting into the many other inconsistencies. I would be genuinely interested to hear the filmmakers explain how First Class is supposed to fit into the previously established timeline when it very clearly doesn't in any way, shape or form.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 16th, 2014, 5:36 pm

Well, basically, it's all about Singer wanting to "fix" X3. :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 16th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I was totally blown away by the trailer, even more excited than before if that's possible. Also, read in several places that it's very likely that the other villain in Apocalypse will be Sinister! Yay! Also read that bringing him in could very well fix the Scott /Jean death "problem"by cloning them, etc... (Like he did for Madeline Prior in the comics).

Edit: Singer set to direct x men A!

http://www.vulture.com/m/2013/12/will-b ... lypse.html

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 16th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Actually...I'm not sure if Singer is ever going to be let near an X-Men movie ever again.

Not posting the headline, as it contains very mature subject matter. But whether true or not (and, sadly, even if it's not), this could ruin his career.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 17th, 2014, 1:29 am

Well, it's hard to avoid the subject now:
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/x-men ... 201158645/

Pretty terrible news, whether the allegations are true or not. I do suggest, however, that we keep the discussion in this thread to the movie itself.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 17th, 2014, 6:29 am

All i'll say is, it doesn't matter if he's guilty or not. Even if he's completely innocent (and he may very well be), and even if he's completely exonerated (which is entirely possible), the fact that he's openly gay means that a lot of people will assume he's guilty and he'll probably never work in Hollywood again, especially once the tabloids and Fox News get ahold of this. This makes me seriously angry because it's stupidly easy to accuse someone of this and the accusation never goes away. It happened to my sister's friend. His lawyer was able to prove that the child witnesses had been coached on what to say and based on that, he was acquitted, but he had to leave town because no one would give him the time of day anymore. The same thing will happen here. Wait and see.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2014, 11:51 am

Really hope they continue with the Apocalypse movie, even if Singer doesn't direct.