Captain America

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Captain America

Post by LotsoA113 » March 20th, 2010, 1:58 pm

When either Chris Evans or Channing Tatum gets it, they'll be in the Captain America film and the Avengers . Interested to see who gets it.

3/22/2010 Update-Edited the title. We can now discuss the film and Chris evans as Captain America in general.
Last edited by LotsoA113 on March 22nd, 2010, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 20th, 2010, 11:10 pm

Meh. Gotta say that I hope it's not Channing. He was kinda boring in "G.I. Joe."
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Chris Evans and Channing Tatum Battling For Captain America

Post by Bill1978 » March 21st, 2010, 4:45 am

I'm leaning towards Channing Tatum just because as awesome as Chris Evans would be, with Channing getting it at least it could keep the door open for Fantastic Four and Captain America to meet. Or am I stupid and those two franchises are from 2 different comic companies.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 21st, 2010, 3:19 pm

They're from the same comic company, but 2 different studios are involved, so unlikely to happen in the next decade. FF is being rebooted, too; so we should see a new cast and hopefully better scripts.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 21st, 2010, 9:35 pm

Meh, I'm against the FF reboot. They already have a good cast, so it's way too soon for that in my opinion.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2010, 8:15 am

I've really liked the lighter FF movies, but it would be funny to have Human Torch and Captain USA...oops, sorry...America meet in a future Avengers film (however they mangled things to make it work).

I like Chris Evans too, and have done since Cellular (a really good basic but solid against the clock thriller), but can see him being wasted unless he grabs a starring franchise, and this seems like a perfect fit.

So...you can see who gets my vote! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 22nd, 2010, 9:06 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Chris Evans and Channing Tatum Battling For Captain America

Post by LotsoA113 » March 22nd, 2010, 9:13 pm

Ohhhhh boy. This'll be interesting. Chris (and Michael) were the only good people in the slightly-underrated Fantastic Four films. I really think he could do well here.

By and by, who else saw the news that Hugo Weaving would be the villain, Red Skull? Now THAT'S good casting right there.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Captain America 2011 film

Post by Dan » March 22nd, 2010, 11:26 pm

Interesting of their casting Evans as Cap. When Marvel eventually regains the film license on FF, wonder how they're gonna play that one out. XD

Hugo Weaving as Red Skull is AWESOME!!!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 23rd, 2010, 10:49 pm

Hugo Weaving as anyone is awesome. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Captain America 2011 film

Post by mygirlu » April 1st, 2010, 8:08 am

The first Avenger movie is going to be hit the screen in 2011

Captain America
Director : Joe Johnston
Release Date : 22 July 2011

Definitely its going to be a far different Marvel Movie for sure

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 1st, 2010, 10:56 am

I love Captain America because he represents the kind of person that Americans should aspire to be and at the same time, if the government asks him to do something shady, he won't do it (in fact, there was a comics storyline where that happened and they revoked his citizenship in retaliation).

I've been waiting for a Cap movie ever since Marvel started making films regularly and I really hope not to be disappointed. With Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, I don't think I will be. Is the plan still to have this film set entirely during WWII? I thought I heard that somewhere and it would make perfect sense (have him be frozen at the end and then thaw him out in the Avengers film).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mcdoc » April 12th, 2010, 5:51 am

I love Captain America.
Im sure 1st Avengers gonna be a big hit, and rest gonna lame as usual. Thats what they do to all super hero movies.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 12th, 2010, 7:47 am

Welcome, mcdoc, but please don't use our forums to advertise other sites from the very first message you post. I've removed your signature links...please contribute more to the conversations on these boards and we may allow you more suitable animation-related links in future.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Thor & Captain America film disscussion

Post by LotsoA113 » February 2nd, 2011, 2:59 pm

Well Marvel is really eating into the swing of things! They have 2 new movies coming out this summer! Thor and Captain America!!! As a devoted comic book/supehro film fan, I am seriously hoping these live up to the potential they posses. Although Thor already has a trailer, Captain America will debut during the Super Bowl. Can't wait!