Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 1st, 2009, 2:54 am

Which is why it seems inconceivable that in such a down year for movies WALL-E couldn't get a nomination. Which probably proves it is unlikely to ever happen now that we have the animation ghetto.
I thought WALL-E had an outside chance of being nominated but then I remember a lot of talk when Beauty And The Beast got nominated that people weren't happy about it cause it wasn't a 'real' movie which somehow meant that people in Hollywood would lose their jobs if animated movies kept getting nominated.

As much as I love WALL-E, I'm very happy that Beauty And The Beast ican still hold the unique title of being the only animated film to be nominated for Best Picture ;-)

I think though one day another one will come along. I know it is very rare but Foreign Language Films every now and then sneak into the Best Picture category so I can't see why an Animated Film can't.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2009, 11:14 am

From an article I remember from the time, I understood that Beauty had been a close runner to Silence Of The Lambs, placing it second in the number of votes. I have nothing to back this up, but that's what I remember reading in an article in either Hollywood Reporter or Variety about how close it came to winning. And, ironically, it was the actors' branch that supported much of that vote.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 6th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Thanks to DVD Aficiodada, the release date for the Platinum Edition is 10/5/2010!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2009, 11:23 am

Haven't updated my DVD-Af account for AGES!

My, it's quite a different beast there now, isn't it? Not sure all the helpful functionality actually makes it any easier to use! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 10th, 2009, 6:52 am

From an article I remember from the time, I understood that Beauty had been a close runner to Silence Of The Lambs, placing it second in the number of votes. I have nothing to back this up, but that's what I remember reading in an article in either Hollywood Reporter or Variety about how close it came to winning. And, ironically, it was the actors' branch that supported much of that vote.
Been meaning to post and say thanks for this info Ben. I like to think that it had a chance of taking it out. I really think the universe had come together when this one was created.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 10th, 2009, 9:28 am

It's also on the Blu-Ray website :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » September 25th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Interesting news here regarding the release on Blu-Ray.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 25th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Pretty old news.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » September 25th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Oh I hadn't seen the image before for the 3D release. My bad.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 25th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Actually...this is a very odd news story. That piece doesn't make any mention of Beauty And The Beast on Blu-ray, 3D or not.

And as for that image...well, it's a fake. Very good fake, but a fake. It was put together by someone on the Ultimate Disney forums from clip art and, secondly, it sports in anaccurate "Platinum Edition" tag - funny for a story that's supposedly announcing the "Diamond Edition" line. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » September 27th, 2009, 9:21 am

Yes Ben I agree - that's why i said I found it so 'interesting'. However estefan considered it old news. I meant the oddness of the picture. The image, as you clarify, doesn't seem to support the story's aims.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » September 27th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Ben, being a member of Ultimate, I must inform you that the person who made that idea for a cover drew it by hand, it was not clipart they found and reassembled! They used Photoshop to color it.

EricJ, maybe you were looking at a different article, but Beauty and the Beast, and it's characters, are going to look rounded. You will see for yourself when it comes out, or you can ask people who attended D23.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 28th, 2009, 6:38 am

Thanks for the clarification Dusty...I only scanned through the UD forum and missed that detail.

Justin, yes it's funny that such an outlet, even online, would put together something like this. More than a little lazy, wouldn'tcha think?

GeorgeC

Beauty & the Beast Blu ray released on 10/5/2010

Post by GeorgeC » March 29th, 2010, 6:55 pm

From the DigitalBits.com (Monday) --

""Disney has just officially announced their Beauty and the Beast: Diamond Edition for release on Blu-ray Disc on 10/5. The Blu-ray will be a Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack (SRP $39.99 - 2 BDs and 1 DVD). The 2-disc DVD only version will follow on 11/23 (SRP $29.99). Specific extras have yet to be revealed, but according to Disney's press release: "The Blu-ray transformation reveals the magic, music and majesty of the film as never before experienced with state-of-the-art picture restoration, pristine 7.1 Digital Surround Sound and hours of additional viewing experiences that include behind the scenes features, deleted scenes, enhanced music tracks, immersive games and more." "

Handled just like Snow White. Expect future classic releases in the same style until DVD finally drops dead (which won't happen for a long while).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Beauty & the Beast Blu ray released on 10/5/2010

Post by droosan » March 29th, 2010, 10:57 pm

:arrow: A-a-and .. on August 31, 2010, Disney will release the first proper 'Art Of/Making Of' book for the film, written and compiled by animation historian Charles Solomon:

.. here's hoping there's a similar (long-overdue) 'Art Of' book in the works for The Little Mermaid..! :)