Back to the Future

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Back to the Future

Post by EricJ » October 23rd, 2015, 1:01 pm

Strike this off the wish-list, save your bucks and catch it on Netflix somewhere down the line. :(
It's already on Netflix (like most of the garage-made ether), and I was curious, but thanks for the heads-up. This did smell more of the "fan-made" cult-movie documentary than anything studio-made for the Blu-ray.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 24th, 2015, 2:03 am

I sensed the doc would end up like this, and anyway I was happy enough with the bountiful Blu-ray extras already.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » October 25th, 2015, 4:32 am

I can't wait. :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 25th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Hey, Akiyama just skipped over a month to catch up with us in the future! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » October 25th, 2015, 10:05 pm

Great Scott!!!

The connection with the flux-capacitor must be off for me to have jumped that far ahead!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 26th, 2015, 5:11 am

This is getting heavy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 4th, 2015, 11:59 am

Very interesting interview with Crispin Glover:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 9th, 2015, 10:56 pm

Very interesting. I think he's very wrong about several things and overly touchy about the lawsuit issue, but some of his comments from the first half did clear up exactly why he left.

I disagree with him about the "monetary" issue. Yes they were wearing nice clothes in the new timeline, but that could have been just as much from their improved self-esteem. Yes, Marty had a new truck at the end but that could have come also come from their improved self-esteem (at the beginning of the film you could almost see them as the kind of people who would think more things would give them happiness). The biggest proof that they weren't all of a sudden rich and "monetarily rewarded" in the new timeline is right there in the scene: they're living in the same house!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 10th, 2015, 1:46 am

James wrote:The biggest proof that they weren't all of a sudden rich and "monetarily rewarded" in the new timeline is right there in the scene: they're living in the same house!
Also, the point is not that Dad's a rich author, he's now a confident self-employed person who's not a loser anymore, because something different happened in his teen years to make him stand up for himself...And Biff is now the loser.
(The future's what you make it, so make it a good one!)

At least we can feel justified in realizing Glover really WAS a nutcase after that Letterman appearance, and his career was not destroyed in vain.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2015, 3:50 am

He is excellent in the remake of Willard.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 10th, 2015, 9:54 am

EricJ wrote:Also, the point is not that Dad's a rich author, he's now a confident self-employed person...
Exactly!
Ben wrote:He is excellent in the remake of Willard.
Haven't seen that one but I think in a movie full of great performances, he was great in BTTF. Makes you wonder what they could have done if with his character if he hadn't bailed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 10th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Looking at River's Edge, feels like he would have gravitated to self-consciously quirkier and quirkier roles for his own dark demons, until he would have gone all Jim Carrey/Joaquin Phoenix on us anyway. (Even George McFly Past & Present in the first movie feels like the same predatorily quirky "Look, I'm playing a NERD!" stunt that Ruben & Ed later self-destructed with.)
People were naive enough to think Andy Kaufman would have a great comic acting career after Taxi, but...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 28th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Great Scott! The DeLorean is back in production!

http://time.com/4195972/delorean-back-t ... w_facebook

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Very cool simultaneous comparison of scenes done in part 1 and then re-done in part 2! Obviously a lot of work put into it. :)

https://youtu.be/qmIJ6MdKqaE

(Really not a big deal at all but just thought I should say that, as we all know, Marty does say "Holy ****!" when the Libyans are coming. Lol. :) )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by manga raw » September 17th, 2016, 3:46 am

My favorite Back to the Future quote: "Jesus Christ, I have your car towed all the way back to your house and all you got for me is light beer!?!