AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 10th, 2005, 5:25 pm

ajl;skdjfsdlk

I know it was roxanne. I hit the s instead and never noticed ;_;

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 10th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Ben wrote:Violet - I'll Try, which I agree is a really good song, actually comes from the unexpectedly really good Return To NeverLand, sung by Jonatha Brooke.
Speaking of R2N, I thought the music (in addition to the movie) was great. I thought her rendition of Second Start to the Right was so magical. And yes, I'll Try was great too. IMO, this is one of the most underated movies ever.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 10th, 2005, 6:57 pm

And I couldn't agree more. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Kronk's New Groove preview

Post by Josh » July 10th, 2005, 12:39 am

A preview for Kronk's New Groove was shown during The Emperor's New Groove, Saturday evening on ABC. A post at IMDB reveals what took place during the preview, as well as a theory as to what part Pacha will play in Kronk's New Groove.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401398/boa ... d/22190766

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 10th, 2005, 1:47 am

You have to register at IMDB to read it.
bleh.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 10th, 2005, 2:15 am

Here's the message from IMDB, with credit going to a poster called "The_Messenger":
A two-part preview for Kronk's New Groove was shown tonight during ABC's airing of The Emperor's New Groove. Here are some tidbits about the preview:

-Kuzco and Pacha will be in the sequel, though it was not stated how large of a part they will have. The only shot of Kuzco in the preview was one in which he was sitting on his throne, acting joyously surprised.

-Yzma will be in the film. However, in some parts, she will be part cat, part human.

-Remember the older waitress in The Emperor's New Groove? She will serve as a love interest for Kronk's father.

-A very, very brief piece of a new song for Kronk's New Groove was played. To describe the piece that was heard only requires one word: groovy.

-Most of the animation in the film looked very close to that in The Emperor's New Groove. I'll admit that a few brief shots looked like animation from some of Disney's earlier DTV sequels, though.

-Apparently, Kronk and his love interest will have some sort of dance together, which resembled the disco scene in An Extremely Goofy Movie.

-Finally, here's Kronk's New Groove's story: When Kronk was a little boy, his father was very tough on him. However, Kronk's father gave him a list of three things to do in order to be successful in life.

Flash forward to the present day. Kronk apparently has yet to complete the list, which bothers him when he learns that his father is coming to visit him.

Meanwhile, Kronk's scouts are going up against another group of scouts in some sort of competition. The woman leading the competing scouts will become Kronk's love interest, though, at first, she is Kronk's rival.

Also, I think I have figured out what part Pacha will have in Kronk's New Groove. Please look at these pictures at the Disney Database:
http://www.disneydatabase.com/media_ind ... moviestill. Judging from those pics, I think that Pacha will dress up to pretend that he's Kronk's girlfriend, so that Kronk will have a "special someone" to show his father.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 10th, 2005, 2:34 am

sweet!

I can't wait to see what part Kuzco has in it.
Are all the original voice actors gonna be back?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2005, 7:06 am

Indeed (from IMDB):

David Spade .... Kuzco
John Goodman .... Pacha
Patrick Warburton .... Kronk
Eartha Kitt .... Yzma

Joing them are new characters voiced by Fraser's John Mahoney, and Tracey Ullman.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » July 10th, 2005, 9:55 am

I hope the story turns out as fastpaced, perfectly timed and hilarious as the original because the animation is bothering me a little.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2005, 5:38 pm

From what still shots I've seen, the animation looks to be on par with the higher level DTVs (NeverLand, Lion King 1.5, Lilo And Stitch 2) mixed with a little of the mid-level (Mulan II, Dalmatians II and Jungle Book 2).

I just hope they get that wonderful mix of 1950s angular styling right that was a huge plus to the original, as well as the fast paced story and comic timing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » July 11th, 2005, 8:03 am

Ben wrote:I just hope they get that wonderful mix of 1950s angular styling right that was a huge plus to the original, as well as the fast paced story and comic timing.
I also hope they get the designs right. yzma loooks slightly off model in some of the pics. But then that is a complex angular design. But if it's as funny as the original, I might get the dvd.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Groove Edition

Post by Zach » September 1st, 2005, 6:37 pm

Get into the groove with Walt Disney’s hilarious animated feature film THE EMPEROR’S NEW GROOVE, available in a Special Edition. This fast-paced comedy about finding the good in everyone features a distinctive musical beat with lyrics and music by the world famous Grammy® Award-winning singer/songwriter, Sting. Included on the film’s sensational soundtrack is the Academy Award® nominated song “My Funny Friend and Me” (nominated Best Original Song 2000), with lyrics and music by Sting and music by David Hartley; the upbeat “Perfect World” performed by legendary musical artist Tom Jones, and a score by John Debney.
More on Ultimate Disney

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 1st, 2005, 10:51 pm

I'm betting they won't include "The Sweatbox" as one of the extras. But you never know, stranger things have happened.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » September 2nd, 2005, 2:27 pm

I went against the flow and voted for Kronk's New Groove, basically because I already have The Emperor's New Groove. With all the other movies I want to buy, I can't justify paying for a movie I already have just for more extras.

However, like Violet suggested, if The Sweatbox is included, that would change everything.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 2nd, 2005, 3:58 pm

Sweatbox won't be included (Disney is too canny and would put it out on its own - if ever), and the new extras are nothing more than games and promos for Kronk's New Groove.

Basically, if you have the original single disc or, even better, the double-disc of TENG, you don't need this.

And as for which is better? Does anyone really think an SE re-issue of a popular theatrical-level animated feature is NOT going to beat out a mid-level direct-to-video with about three extras?