Cartoon Brew preview of 2011 animated films

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cartoon Brew preview of 2011 animated films

Post by ShyViolet » December 23rd, 2010, 10:05 pm

Interesting; lots of good stuff coming out! :)

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film ... more-31875
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » December 24th, 2010, 6:20 am

I'm most looking forward to The Adventures of Tintin (my most anticipated film of all-time), Rio, Winnie the Pooh and Cars 2. And though not mentioned there because it's a Japanese production, I'm also excited for The Borrowers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cartoon Brew preview of 2011 animated films

Post by Darkblade » December 24th, 2010, 9:51 am

Viewers must be morons if Alvin 3 is happening...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 24th, 2010, 2:03 pm

And even if it isn't. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 24th, 2010, 2:17 pm

"Viewers"? This is no TV show. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Riv » December 24th, 2010, 2:52 pm

A new film from Ash Brannon? "Turkeys" sounds interesting. I loved Surf's up!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 24th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Turkeys had me hooked until I read "(Still not from the film)". Shame, the Turkey looked so cute. Looks like he's thinking "hmm, how do I avoid the axe this time?". For all we know, the final product might look all realistic or ugly.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Pretty slim pickings. :(

Sequels and franchises rule, but I am looking forward to Rango and Rio, and even have a soft spot for Gnomeo And Juliet which I still think could be some good fun. Rango just looks odd and, as the first ILM feature, deserves to be watched with some serious interest, while Rio just looks gorgeous.

On the flipside, Mars Needs Moms and (I hate to say it) Winnie The Pooh both look old already, and even the Hop (no "i" in there now?) hybrid approach feels more like an Alvin clone as opposed to a new animated feature, and The Smurfs' bulging eyeballs are just continuing to freak me out.

Happy Feet 2, Alvin 3 and Bunyan And Babe all confuse the heck out of me (what are they/why are they being made?) and even Turkeys feels, from little we know about it, that it's not far off being another sub-Barnyard effort.

Naturally looking forward to Tintin and interested in Arthur Christmas, though it doesn't feel too Aardman-y to me at this point. There are a few originals in there among the brands, but even some of those feel like franchises in the making.

I can't honestly say there's one film of the "never-been-seen-before" like that I'm really gagging to see right this minute, but highest in interest are probably Gnomeo (yes), Rango, Rio and Tintin, even though I don't expect them all to be great (there...that's my get-out clause)! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 2nd, 2011, 2:14 pm

Winnie the Pooh, that is the film I am looking forward to the most for next year. ;)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm

Any chance that we'll finally get "Hoodwinked 2" this year? I haven't heard anything about that film for an entire year. And for the love of gosh, it's finished!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 3rd, 2011, 9:46 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it this year...maybe around Halloween (I don't know why, it just seems to me that it could work)?

Then again there could be problems with rights: it was created during some Weinstein dealings were on the rocks so who knows who ended up with what. My mind is awfully foggy on all that though, so I could be talking nonsense. I just remember Hoodwinked 2 going through the mill a bit, for some reason.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 3rd, 2011, 2:19 pm

I'm looking forward to picking up classics and a few untested films on Blu ray over this next year.

I'm going to skip the 3D stuff for now because I was very unimpressed by what I saw in theaters and frankly don't the need possibility of new headaches, either!

I'm guessing we'll still be able to buy releases without the Blu ray 3D and save some cash?

Don't see the need to redo older hand-drawn classics in 3D nor do I think it improves modern classics like Beauty & the Beast, The Nightmare Before Christmas (first classic I saw redone in 3D -- dreadful!), and the very good Tangled which looked dark and undersaturated in 3D.

I'm predicting mass indifference to the 3D titles in general and problems with the Nintendo 3DS when it gets released. You know in spite of the warnings that there's going to be a major lawsuit!

Message to Nintendo: Little warnings before product release don't matter. Greedy lawyers and equally greedy plaintiffs will still sue you!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » January 3rd, 2011, 2:23 pm

I remember reading an article that talked about Weinstien having to delay the release dates of films due to money problems. That were in production or not even in production, Sin city 2 and Hoodwinked were mentioned in the list.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » January 4th, 2011, 11:53 am

I can't wait for Puss in Boots, Hop, Winnie the Pooh, Kung Fu Panda 2, Cars 2, Tintiin, Rango and Alvin 3.
Last edited by American_dog_2008 on January 8th, 2011, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2011, 4:58 pm

What...you didn't like Kung Fu Panda 2? ;)