Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 2nd, 2006, 6:30 pm

Hmmmm. He sounds alright to me...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 2nd, 2006, 7:50 pm

Hee hee...Owen Wilson seems to always play the same character, even when it's animated.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Watch The Cast in a Recording Session

Post by piotr » May 2nd, 2006, 8:39 pm

"Life is pointless, unless you score."
-Piotr
www.nuzarc.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 2nd, 2006, 10:22 pm

All of those people have played themself or played the same character they always do.
Not trying to be obnoxious or anything but...can you tell me exactly what kind of person Renee Z usually plays?
What are her attributes? Ditto Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy. And how are those attributes seen in the DW films?

What does Renee Z do in SharkTale that she's done in "every film she's been in."?

If this was true, Eddie Murphy would play the smart-aleck sidekick role in every film...he doesn't. He's usually the star. Often a ladies man. Uh, is Donkey a "ladies man"? And Ben Stiller would play an overly-sensitive pampered guy who loves the city, loves being the center of attention and loves to eat steak in every film. It doesn't feel that way to me.

And isn't Larry the Cable guy basically "playing himself" in Cars? Or at least using his on-stage hick personality as part of it?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 3rd, 2006, 3:08 pm

“Save 2-D Animation”
Fillmore is now officially my favorite character in Cars.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2006, 4:26 pm

Most of these people play the same characters.

Renee Zellweger was an exception in Shark Tale - she actually brought some personality to her part...ditto Angeline Jolie.

DeNiro...gangster parody, Ben Stiller...agonised mistfit trying to fit in but getting desperate when he can't, Murphy...loud motormouth, a role he's been playing since SNL and his stand up days. As the star in the film...he plays the same role.

Need I go on?

BTW...I think you're seriously missing the point here Vi. Larry The Cable, for instance, was picked as a personality to be that character in the film. They wrote the role around him. Not a case of him playing the same thing again. That's what he does. That's what they wanted.

There ARE different types of actor, and voice cast members. Some are either asked because they posess the kind of voice the studio wants, and some basically play to type (Stiller and Owen Wilson especially) while some approach a role in the best way to play it (Zellweger, and ALL of the old-time non-celebrity voice casts).

That's just the facts. And Wilson will be the same old nasally whiny character in Cars as he was in everything else he's ever been in.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 3rd, 2006, 4:34 pm

And Wilson will be the same old nasally whiny character in Cars as he was in everything else he's ever been in.
I was thinking arrogant ladies man, but that works too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 3rd, 2006, 4:40 pm

Is there something wrong with the Cars site? I think it hates me or something, it's not showing up on my computer.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 3rd, 2006, 5:05 pm

Oh, I loooooovvvvvveeeeeeeddddd Renne Zellweger in "Shark Tale". She *really* should've recieved an Annie nomination for Best Vocal Performance.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 3rd, 2006, 6:39 pm

Ben wrote:Most of these people play the same characters.

Renee Zellweger was an exception in Shark Tale - she actually brought some personality to her part...ditto Angeline Jolie.

DeNiro...gangster parody, Ben Stiller...agonised mistfit trying to fit in but getting desperate when he can't, Murphy...loud motormouth, a role he's been playing since SNL and his stand up days. As the star in the film...he plays the same role.

Need I go on?

BTW...I think you're seriously missing the point here Vi. Larry The Cable, for instance, was picked as a personality to be that character in the film. They wrote the role around him. Not a case of him playing the same thing again. That's what he does. That's what they wanted.

There ARE different types of actor, and voice cast members. Some are either asked because they posess the kind of voice the studio wants, and some basically play to type (Stiller and Owen Wilson especially) while some approach a role in the best way to play it (Zellweger, and ALL of the old-time non-celebrity voice casts).

That's just the facts. And Wilson will be the same old nasally whiny character in Cars as he was in everything else he's ever been in.
Larry the Cable Guy, though, is rather vulgar most of the time. So you could say it was written around him, but only in a very G-rated way ;)

Even voice actors that sound the same in every role they play, seem different when put into the different characters. Mushu and Donkey are two very different characters to me, but they are the same voice.

I too loved Renee Zellweger in Shark Tale. "Sometimes he makes me so mad I wanna *punch fists multiple times*"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 3rd, 2006, 10:55 pm

It's not just that she was funny. There was also something, I dunno, "Sincere" about her performance. She was very, very good. (sighs) I love that angelfish...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 5th, 2006, 12:35 pm

The premiere is now 3 weeks away, and I'm getting really reved up about it (bad pun). There are so many things I keep wondering about:

Will there be any merchandise for the visitors at an event like this?

Is it possible that Brad Bird could be there even though he didn't work on Cars?

Will there be any chances for autographs if not pictures?

What's going to happen if it rains (because it is outside)?

Will they do some kind of dedication to Joe Ranft?

And how the heck am I gonna get my camera inside?! :P

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » May 5th, 2006, 1:32 pm

1. Certainly, but worst case scenario we hit the Disney Store down the street.

2. Almost assuredly because certainly he assisted as part of the braintrust in creative development plus they should be running the trailer to his next film Ratatouille.

3. Most likely but we'll probly have to be on the lookout and devious to get them. There's nothing more dangerous than fighting a swarming mob of 8 year olds.

4. Like any other NSCAR event we'll just wait for the track to dry out.

5. I think it's only right.

6. Two words... Water Bottle.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 5th, 2006, 1:38 pm

You know, you could've just IMed me. ^__~ But thanks for the input.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 5th, 2006, 6:25 pm

This coming thursday, May 11th, John Lasseter will be in Paris at the Cinémathèque for a screening of CARS and a conference just after it. I'll be there and try to report what'll be going on there as best as I can.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com