Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 29th, 2007, 2:18 am

Yeah, hope you get the player Ben!! :)

I would possibly look for a two-disc Cars to be announced around the time of its Blu-Ray issue in June.

Other than that, we need to wait and see what the features are for that version. If there's nothing amazingly new, then look for a double dip on DVD and Blu-Ray either for Christmas or sometime next year. If it DOES come stacked with new bonuses (and an "immersive Lasseter commentary" has been talked about) then I'd say we could be stuck with our current DVD.

So, I guess Pixar hasn't announced anything about a 2-disc/extra features Cars set yet, only Blu-Ray?

Bummer. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2007, 6:33 am

I'd guess that we'll see a 2-disc, but maybe not for a while.

Some of these new features will be exclusive to Blu-Ray, so they won't carry over anyway, and I'll bet that Disney wants to use the titles, and Pirates, to get a fair share of families over to the format, especially at the end of the year when the player prices are coming down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some player outlets giving out Cars free with the purchase of a player, especially with the re-timed release date.

A 2-disc could still well be coming...but perhaps not in time for Christmas.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » June 6th, 2007, 2:36 am

Here in France, BVHE is releasing today their Cars 2 Disc Collector edition.
First cd is normal, yet the second one is unique since there are three features on John Lasseter's promo in Paris last year : Master class at the Cinematheque (34'), the Premiere at the Cinemateque (6') and the Press Conference (14'). The Master talks...
www.media-magic.blogspot.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 7th, 2007, 3:51 am

Gah, I'm so jealous! :P You guys are so lucky! The collector edition sounds real neat.

Any cover art?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Jérémie » June 7th, 2007, 2:31 pm

www.media-magic.blogspot.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 7th, 2007, 5:41 pm

We're sure to get it soon enough...perhaps when the BRD is released in the fall.

I still think it's a cheap shot from a studio that usually treats fans well. Shameless double dip from the Lamp.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 11th, 2007, 4:26 am

Ultimate Disney wrote:So confident are Disney and Pixar in Blu-ray that when last year's blockbuster Cars debuts on the high-definition format on November 6th, it won't return to DVD in a two-disc set to match the studios' earlier collaborations.
I had a feeling. I'm just thankful I went ahead and bought it.

Sorry Vi and Meg, since I know both of you haven't bought it yet, and were hoping for a 2 discer. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2007, 8:10 am

Yep...you're all gonna HAVE to go out and buy Blu-Ray! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 11th, 2007, 2:48 pm

You so funny! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 14th, 2007, 11:49 am

Sorry Vi and Meg, since I know both of you haven't bought it yet, and were hoping for a 2 discer. Sad
'S okay Dan, I think I'm just going to get the regular 1-disc version.

:wink:

Yep...you're all gonna HAVE to go out and buy Blu-Ray! Smile
Who's gonna make me? :P J/K :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 14th, 2007, 1:05 pm

Upcoming Pixar has a link to the Cars Blu-Ray Menu:

http://upcomingpixar.blogspot.com/

(and trailer)

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/bluray/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 21st, 2007, 4:26 am

You could do that, or you could get the upcoming 2 pack from Wal-Mart, Vi. Talk about last minute, huh? ;)

There's barely anything added, but its better than getting the regular edition solo. Here's early pics.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 21st, 2007, 11:59 am

Still doesn't make the movie any better. ;)

So, wait...on this additional disc, they're including "exclusive" Blu-Ray features? What's the point of going Blu then? The movie isn't enough...if they're going to sell these things on exclusive features they can't start giving them away again to make a quick buck!?

I'm all for the same content, where possible, to be issued on both formats, but saying something is just for one should <I>mean</I> that! What they're doing here...that doesn't make sense!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2007, 3:57 am

Indeed. The only problem is, I don't even think this half of what the Blu-Ray edition is getting, if any. What's being added here, is well, cheap. A little featurette with JL, and a few new games, just smells of trying to get rid of a few extra copies.

Even if the features included here did wind up on the Blu edition, don't think people would jump at the chance if it had an audio commentary? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 26th, 2007, 6:44 am

That would mean a disc re-author. They don't want to do that, and I understand, because the BD version isn't a natural audio commentary as we know on standard DVD.

Basically, I'm surprised they're even giving away "cheap" BD features: the whole point to upgrade is to get stuff not on standard DVD, and here they're diluting that attraction.