Reboot of Batman post-Nolan films in the works already...!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Reboot of Batman post-Nolan films in the works already...!

Post by GeorgeC » March 29th, 2011, 6:44 pm

http://collider.com/batman-reboot-warne ... cer/83025/

They say familiarity breeds contempt.

I'm way past wishing superhero films would take a dirtnap in the near-future. (Immediately wouldn't be soon enough.)
Especially for the characters that have been shot for movies 5-6 times already!!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Reboot of Batman post-Nolan films in the works already...!

Post by Dan » March 29th, 2011, 9:52 pm

I would say that it's more along the lines of remodeling to fit a purpose as opposed to a full on reboot (kinda like Punisher: War Zone was not a sequel to Punisher, but not a redo at the same time). One can fully suspect there's doing this for one major reason: Justice League

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2011, 2:17 pm

"Suspect"?

The line "the studio is currently planning a Justice League movie for 2013" states a pretty well known fact. ;)

But, yes, with Flash and Wonder Woman movies in the works, the Justice League movie looks to be happening. My bet is that they don't reinvent Batman, but maybe lighten him up a bit so that he fits that world. I suspect Nolan is not on board as a "Batman"-producer per se, but as a "live-action DC Comics movie guru" producer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him listed as an exec producer on other DC movies in the near future or indeed as a major force in the eventual Justice League film. Whether Bale stays is open to question, but it would work either way.