The Dark Knight Rises

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Dan » May 20th, 2011, 7:24 pm

It has begun...

Principal photography on the final Christopher Nolan directed Batman film is underway.

And so is the viral campaign...

The main web site launched this morning: http://www.thedarkknightrises.com

Hidden is step by step of what happens next in the viral campaign:
There's nothing there. Visually. Clicking on the empty space leads to an .WAV file.

Someone at the SuperHeroHype forums had the bright idea to run it through a computer program and realized that there was definitely more to the sound file than just the sounds.

This obviously revealed a hashtag. Soon enough, a Twitter account was opened: http://twitter.com/#%21/thefirerises

The Twitter posted every minute the same link: http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/image.html

A clearer picture of the image no doubt reveals the first look at the main villain of the film, Bane (played by Tom Hardy):

I so can't wait for Comic Con...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 20th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Someone at the SuperHeroHype forums had the bright idea to run it through a computer program and realized that there was definitely more to the sound file than just the sounds.
Apparently, the sound was "BOMB!....BOMB!...BOMB!...." :P

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Dan » July 18th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Official teaser trailer.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 18th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Now THIS is a teaser trailer...and I'm not even that big a fan of Nolan's Bat-pictures! After seeing Begins again recently, and quite liking it more (still need to see TDK a couple of more times to appreciate it in the same way), I have to say I'm now looking forward to this quite a bit.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 5th, 2011, 12:50 pm

First look of Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle in Dark Knight Rises

Courtesy of Yahoo!

It is said that Hathaway is acting out as Catwoman in the still, but nothing has really been confirmed. "I signed a blood oath," she explained.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 5th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Literally, my first reaction to seeing Hathaway on the bike, before reading the caption, was "Cool, they're giving Batgirl another chance!" ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2011, 2:13 pm

What does "Hathaway is acting out as Catwoman" mean? That she's not actually Catwoman?

I'm not blown away, since she's not wearing any protective head gear and you'd think that anyone in her situation would wear some protection (just like Bats). It looks sort of non-special, but the blue-lit goggles also give it a campy touch. This doesn't feel very "Nolan", more toy-like if anything, without being "special".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Batman pics on set:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/galler ... a-217659#1

Um, doesn't he look really camp and like he's wearing a very revealing bra-type ensemble, especially in that first shot...I'm not sure I'm "getting" what's going on around the chest area there.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » August 26th, 2011, 12:23 pm

At least it's not like the suit in Batman & Robin. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 26th, 2011, 5:32 pm

The Nolan batsuits should never be seen in broad daylight, nor in a still shot. And especially not in a well-lit still shot. They're just ugly.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » November 4th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Hans Zimmer is inviting folks to participate on the soundtrack for The Dark Knight Rises. Through UJAM, he is looking for folks to sign up and record their chant. It's free, so give it a go.

http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknigh ... troduction

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 25th, 2011, 1:47 pm

First trailer to be attached to Sherlock Holmes 2: (and possibly a Hobbit teaser)

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00045467.html

I think it's cool that Bane is in it and everything, but I can't help wishing they had another villain as well, like Mr. Freeze or The Riddler. (Or Two-Face, even though he died at the end of TDK. It's kind of a shame since he was so beyond awesome.)

*Oops, forgot about Catwoman, but then she's not exactly "all villain."
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 26th, 2011, 3:06 am

I think it's cool that Bane is in it and everything, but I can't help wishing they had another villain as well, like Mr. Freeze or The Riddler. (Or Two-Face, even though he died at the end of TDK. It's kind of a shame since he was so beyond awesome)
He was, especially compared to Tommy Lee Jones's waste of the character--
Problem is, the Riddler wouldn't fit in with Nolan's "real" Scorsese-Gotham version of the franchise. (Would come off as just another letter-writing psychopath, and...yawn.)
There was fanart on the net of Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin, and THAT, like Two-Face (and Bane), would have been a long overdue avenging of the Burton/Schumacher. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2011, 5:52 am

Well, of the Schumacher, certainly, at least.

Seriously, though..."Scorsese-Gotham"? :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » November 26th, 2011, 11:53 am

It's a BATMAN movie, and we spend half the time detailing the inner structure of Mob banking??
I know the idea was to make Batman Begins "real", but Knight felt like Nolan was almost dismissively trying to "apologize" for the comic book by taking it too far into the real True Crime world--The college kids loved seeing Heath's Joker as just another punk slacker, but I'd rather have my elegant supervillains back. :cry: