The Dark Knight Rises

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by ShyViolet » December 9th, 2011, 6:30 pm

A few details from the prologue, and a short Nolan interview. (mild spoilers)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/12/09/d ... her-nolan/

Here too: (also a few spoilers)

http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises ... hc-142894/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2011, 10:06 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 13th, 2011, 3:41 pm

I'm really hoping that they fix the problem with Bane' voice. The one thing that I'm hearing EVERYWHERE is that he is like impossible to understand in that footage.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 13th, 2011, 5:28 pm

According to this article, Nolan plans to ADR some of Bane's lines:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/12/ ... -prologue/

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 16th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Saw the new trailer for this before Sherlock.

AND IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!

I can't wait for it to go online so I can watch it again! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » December 17th, 2011, 12:18 am

Dacey, this is completely off-topic, but was Sherlock 2 good? I'm quite interested in seeing it, but the reviews haven't been that positive so far.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 17th, 2011, 12:40 am

I'd say if you enjoyed the first one, you'd probably enjoy this, too. It may be hard to keep track of everything that's going on in the plot sometimes, but it does entertain, and the ending was great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » December 17th, 2011, 12:44 am

Thanks. Usually I decide what to see based on critic reviews, but sometimes they're too harsh on things. Some movies are just entertainment, not masterpieces, and I'm fine with that.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2011, 9:29 am

Sherlock 2 has heen getting raves here in the UK. Hoping to go next week but need to catch Hugo first.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » December 17th, 2011, 10:41 am

I thought sherlocks second act was extremely laggy but, as Dacey rightly pointed out, the ending was amazing!!! Never could've predicted!

And yes TDKR trailer was amazing. There are a few bootlegged versions on YouTube but I'll be happy to see it in high quality soon!!!

I would like to note also that Banr is looking great as a baddie. Oh Nolan, you never fail to impress me! :D
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » December 17th, 2011, 10:51 am

Dacey wrote:I'm really hoping that they fix the problem with Bane' voice. The one thing that I'm hearing EVERYWHERE is that he is like impossible to understand in that footage.
Nolan's reportedly heard that, too--Accdg. to latest news, expect some redubbing tweaks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » December 17th, 2011, 11:08 am

Y'know whats odd though? Bane says one line in the whole trailer and it's perfectly undertsandable. I'm betting some of that prolauge is needing some tweaks in terms of visuals and Banes voice, while the trailer is comprised of finished footage.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2011, 1:53 pm

EricJ wrote:Nolan's reportedly heard that, too--Accdg. to latest news, expect some redubbing tweaks.
Looks like you missed this:
ShyViolet wrote:According to this article, Nolan plans to ADR some of Bane's lines:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/12/ ... -prologue/

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 19th, 2011, 10:56 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 19th, 2011, 11:31 pm

I'm keeping away from this if at all possible. I want to be surprised when I go to see the movie (but if the trailer shows up while I'm at the theatre, that would be okay, I guess; I just don't want my first exposure of the film to be on my computer monitor).

I do have high hopes for the film, though!