"Wreck-It Ralph"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: "Wreck-It Ralph"

Post by LotsoA113 » June 10th, 2012, 10:39 am

So, not only does it look like DreamWorks is about to knock it out of the park with Rise of The Guardians and Robert Zemeckis' long over-due comeback to live-action Flight look grand, Disney is also creating something that looks fantastic!! Love all the little video game nods (Q-Bert FTW!) and, believe it or not, John C. Reily actually looks like he's fitting the character to a T. Brave looks amazing..but they really are gonna have to work hard to outdo what looks like a fantastic movie.

Oh, and the video game villains meeting seriously looks better than I could've ever imagined. Aw man..have I mentioned how excited I am?
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » June 10th, 2012, 1:34 pm

I'm very, very, excited. I love that they used real video game characters. I'm definitely more excited about this than Brave.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 10th, 2012, 3:21 pm

And for those who haven't played Fix-It Felix Jr. since it was in the arcades, it's already up as a Flash version on Disney's website. :)
http://www.disney.com/Ralph

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2012, 8:49 pm

After Toy Story, do you think any old-time video games company wouldn't let the studio use their properties and hopefully revitalize them into the bargain?

I'm LOVING this, but if there is one thing that did nag me, it was just that: that it came over sometimes as the Toy Story of video games. I'm sure that was just because the trailer is trying to get some more obvious things across, so I'm confident we'll see even greater goodness emerge in more expansive trailers.

Looks like Disney is well and truly back on track though!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » June 12th, 2012, 5:50 am

I'm loving the trailer. And maybe its cause I'm not a 'gamer' but I not having toy Story moments with the cameos, which might be a good thing that will enable me to get engrossed in the story. the only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm worried there will be an element of the real world knowing about Ralph's adventures something that made toy Story wonderful, that there was a secret world occuring underneath our nose. Having said all that I am more interested in this than Brave.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 14th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Movie clip of sonic, q-bert and pac-man plus ralph will be in sonic all-star racing 2!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/07/son ... -it-ralph/

Also it's been confirmed mario will not be in the movie due to nintendo wanting to much money however the side cast was cheaper so bowser and maybe peach and toad might show up!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » July 15th, 2012, 6:06 pm

So Nintendo didn't learn from Mattel's mistake with Barbie and Toy Story. Of course this is assuming that Wreck-It Ralph has the same influence as Toy Story. (Which I hope it does)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 15th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Bill1978 wrote:So Nintendo didn't learn from Mattel's mistake with Barbie and Toy Story. Of course this is assuming that Wreck-It Ralph has the same influence as Toy Story. (Which I hope it does)
Like Barbie (instead of Bo Peep) in the first Toy Story 1, Mario would have been too "big" a star to cameo in the movie, and been a distraction. (Much like Sonic the Hedgehog only appears in a game-world PSA/sign, but not in person.)
Somehow, it's just funnier to have Koopa and Clyde show up in cameos than to have Mario and Pac-Man be the celebrities in the room. Q-bert, however, had fallen far enough to make his own cameo. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 16th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Mario being too much money is not surprising in the least, and so not surprising that I can't be upset about it. Bowser is in it which is awesome enough. Sonic's appearance is really cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 28th, 2012, 7:34 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » September 12th, 2012, 7:59 pm

So, if your not completly sold on this movie by the end of this trailer, I don't know what will.

Granted, I'm not a fan of the single example of bathroom humor here (though it's kind of like The Muppets where it's to give an easy laugh to the kids), but otherwise..man I think this could be the winner of Best Animate Feature this year, not even kidding. Everything, the animation to the music to the laughs to characters just seems perfect. Sign me up! :D
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 12th, 2012, 9:35 pm

That trailer owns. Wreck-It Ralph is gonna own.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 12th, 2012, 11:18 pm

I'm probably about the right age to want to love this, but I'm not a gamer, so its appeal is a little lost on me. However, it could certainly be a winner. And for gamers---- a slice of heaven.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 12th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Randall wrote:And for gamers---- a slice of heaven.
It is: The Q-bert joke, the villain-support cameos, Fix-It's "death" ("I'm okay!")...One might miss a lot by having a well-spent youth. :wink:

And since this's the closer to release trailer, this's where they try to make up for lost time and tell us it actually has a plot, now that everyone jumped to snap judgments after the short teaser--
Looks like Disney's occasional borrowing of the Pixar brain trust ensures this one will have a nice huggy ending of some consequence too (early reports from SDCC said "don't believe everything you see in teasers"), and seeing as the first teaser wasn't all that bad, that can only be a step up.

(Especially since I thought the "Support group" jokes were just a borrow off of "Toy Story: Small Fry", and it looked for a second as if they'd made the same movie twice. Nice to know they haven't. :) )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 13th, 2012, 6:44 am

That trailer has piqued my interest even more in this movie, and I'm not even a video game enthusiast. What I love most about the trailer is that there is still an element of what is going to happen in the story and the constant jumping around in the plot has not spoiled anything for me. I have a general idea of where the plot will go, but I'll be honest I'm not sure how they will get from A to B.

I got a lot of the general video game humour, and loved the Felix joke of fixing everything, favourite part of the movie. Also liking how they've made this movie more than just bad guy wants to be good. It seems there is a life or death situation to Ralph leaving his game.

And for the record, I've always felt from the previous teaser that this movie had a plot