Arthur Christmas

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Arthur Christmas

Post by LotsoA113 » December 1st, 2011, 8:17 pm

Oh Aardman..you never fail to impress me!

Arthur Christmas is such a great and funny film, that's its hard to believe tis mediocore trailers belong to this flick! Really liked it, especially Grandsanta, who brought out the classic Aardman charm we've all come to know and love!

My only gripe was I felt it was 5-10 minutes too long in the middle, though a surprisingly tight and emotional final act wraps things up nicely. Overall, this is a wonderful film. Much better than the abysmal Happy Feet Two from a few weeks back.

BTW..anyone else catch the two Wallace & Gromit gags? One was a subtle homage while the other was much more blunt? Anyone else? : :)
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » December 4th, 2011, 5:02 pm

I also really enjoyed Arthur Christmas. It was fun and zippy and with that great British wit I expect from Aardman.

And I spotted the Shaun the Sheep cameo, but I didn't catch the other Aardman nod.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » February 5th, 2012, 9:35 am

Great news!! At the aniies last night, Billy Nighy won for Best Voice Actor as GrandSanta!! I'm super happy his work has been recognized like this. Maybe the Annie's aren't as crooked as I thought! :wink:
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!