Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » February 23rd, 2006, 1:54 pm

Jim Hill has put the pieces of the puzzle together in a way I already had done on page 1 or 2 of this topic. However, he has the magical ability to stretch it into an entire article with lots of "supposedly's" "according to's".

It is the most likely scenario though. And a great way to re-introduce traditional animation. If the 15 minute animated sequence is as good as Beuaty, Aladdin and Mermaid, you can bet people will want more. I know I do.... just saw Lady and the Tramp for the first time in 10 years... looks stunning on dvd and a reminder of how awesome traditional animation is. There's something in handdrawn animation that CGI just can't do. It's hard to put the finger on what exactly "it" is. But "it" is awesome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by veu » March 26th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Enchanted will be a very interesting movie!
Live action and animation mix! Wooooow!!! This is the most important Disney movie because it will be their first 2D since Home on the range!
We'll hope that Enchanted will be a very beautiful movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 26th, 2006, 6:14 pm

So this WILL be a live action/cartoon mix right? It won't just be some beginning parts are animated, and when the priness goes to the real life world she turns INTO real life right? She does stay a cartoon?

I'm a sucker for live action/cartoon mixes. Loony Tunes: Back in Action didn't get enough love.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 26th, 2006, 7:12 pm

I'm almost 100% sure she turns into live-action. I'm not one for action/cartoon mixes - I thinks it's because Roger Rabbit used to scare the crap out of me when I was smaller.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 26th, 2006, 8:11 pm

She turns live-action, but there will be sequences of interaction.

Hmmm... last time a new bunch of folks stepped through Disney's door to play with their history, we got Roger Rabbit.

Let's hope magic does indeed strike twice and we get this new crowd of newbies coming up with something that again kickstarts the 2D bandwagon into rolling again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 26th, 2006, 8:25 pm

ah.

Well that totally sucks then.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 26th, 2006, 9:53 pm

I'm almost 100% sure she turns into live-action. I'm not one for action/cartoon mixes - I thinks it's because Roger Rabbit used to scare the crap out of me when I was smaller.
That's really interesting Meg. When RR first came out in theaters, I admit I was kinda scared too. Like: "WHAT is this anyway?"

Also, wasn't "The PageMaster" first live-action and then became a cartoon?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2006, 7:42 am

Yeah, I think PageMaster was a live action/animation mix...I haven't seen that movie in years.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 27th, 2006, 8:38 am

Yes. The kid in PageMaster (Macauley Culkin) changed from being a live-action boy into a cartoon. The whole movie changed into animation, so it's not really a combo movie the way Song Of The South, Mary Poppins, Pete's Dargon, Roger Rabbit and Cool World (oh...) were.

The end of Bluth's Rock-A-Doodle featured a boy in an animated farm, with matte lines the size of the Titanic around him. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » May 5th, 2006, 12:34 am

I just realized that Enchanted will open the same day as the new Bay/Spielberg Transformers movie: November 2, 2007.

Uh-oh. :(

Between Meet the Robinsons facing off against Ninja Turtles and Enchanted going against Transformers, I'm afraid of two things:
1) Some of Disney's best upcoming work will go relatively unnoticed.
2) We're back in the '80s.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 5th, 2006, 7:54 am

I was born in '91 but still...NOOOO! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » May 5th, 2006, 8:20 am

mr. squarepants wrote:I just realized that Enchanted will open the same day as the new Bay/Spielberg Transformers movie: November 2, 2007.

Between Meet the Robinsons facing off against Ninja Turtles and Enchanted going against Transformers, I'm afraid of two things:
the last time Michael Bay got to make a big budget special effects flick we got The Island.......

and Ninja Turtles? come on, nobody gives a crap about ninja turtles anymore.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » May 5th, 2006, 12:28 pm

mr. squarepants wrote:I just realized that Enchanted will open the same day as the new Bay/Spielberg Transformers movie: November 2, 2007.

With movies almos to more than a year away like that I wouldn't worry to much. One of the companies will move their release date eventually. They're just waiting for one of three things.

1. Something goes wrong and they need more time but can cover it up and use competition as an excuse.

2. A better date to become apparent.

3. The other company to flinch first so they can get the date they originally wanted all to themselves.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 6th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Hey, Squarepants is "back"! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 20th, 2006, 2:00 pm

I'm sorry. :C