Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » March 27th, 2008, 12:16 pm

Well, you said things like "Chris Chase has hinted he'd love to get her singing - and scheming again" and that way you wrote everything sounded like it came from info you heard or just knew because you know the film industry. I bet you'll be mostly right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 12th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Finally saw this at the campus theater. I'm still deciding how I feel about it. It's not quite as good as I hoped it would be, but it's almost as good and I guess that's close enough. The big downer for me were the songs. I usually love Alan Menken's music (to the point where I listen to the latest soundtrack constantly for like, a month straight) but I don't think he did a very good job on this one. It felt like he was trying too hard, like he was trying to remember how he did it for Mermaid or Beauty and couldn't quite nail it. The working song was funny but that's about it. I know he was going for something different with That's How You Know, but it just didn't work. It was all good otherwise. The writing and acting were excellent (loved all those Disney in-jokes, like the Bella Notte restaurant) but it really lost a few points for the bad music.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2008, 7:04 am

See...I'm not the only one who wasn't wowed first time out.

Having said that, it's been in constant rotation in this house on DVD. Last week, I played it for my mum and sister and we all got a BIG kick out of it. I'm noticing more and more each time. And I'm on the verge of calling it "brilliant". But I have to admit, that I did have big problems with it first time around.

I'm hoping that any sequel, knowing what to expect, knocks it out of the park, rather than feel like a retread.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » April 14th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Ben wrote:See...I'm not the only one who wasn't wowed first time out.
Hey...I said I wasn't perfectly happy with it either, I just had different problems than yours. I haven't watched the DVD yet, but hope to soon, along with the Target bonus disc!

I just realized Giselle enchants the people of Central Park and makes them sing with her just like she enchants the animals and makes them work with her.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » April 14th, 2008, 1:42 pm

Did anyone get the 2 DVD Edition of Enchanted which was on sale from HMV here in the UK?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2008, 1:50 pm

No, but I heard the extra disc is the Target exclusive. If that's what you're asking for. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 21st, 2008, 9:17 am

I"m getting the DVD :D.
My uncle bought me Quidditch Through the Ages (It's a Harry Potter merchandise book about Quidditch,it's supposed to be like the real book in Hogwarts) and since I already have the book (Yeah,I have all the 7 books with this and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them) I replaced it with the Enchanted DVD,but right now they only have it in a pack with a Bratz movie so I"ll have to wait until they"ll have a copy without it.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » April 21st, 2008, 12:06 pm

Once, maybe you should try to get the Target disc, too. You don't have a Target store near you? There probably will be a second DVD release that's much better, so buy this DVD thinking you might double-dip later. The main reason for getting it is to have the movie in the best, most beautiful quality you can (though Blu-ray's best), with some bonus features that might not make it on the second release.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 21st, 2008, 12:33 pm

No,Dusterian,I don't have target.
Hmmm,but they're already supposed to call me if they have any copies :| are you sure it will have 2 discs? because Ratatouille and Cars didn't got 2 discs and I"m sure WALL-E as well,and it will be 10 years until the next edition? now i"m really confused :|.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » April 22nd, 2008, 12:49 pm

Once, I'm just saying that Enchanted is going to have a new release in the future, and probably not much farther than two years away. It might not be 2 discs, but it will be more than we got this year.

But if you want to have DVD quality of the film and bonus features now, and are okay with double-dipping and having two editions of the film, then go buy it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 22nd, 2008, 4:00 pm

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 22nd, 2008, 4:17 pm

But...I thought that they all lived happily ever after!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 22nd, 2008, 6:05 pm

Hey, with all the cash it's gonna make, it'll be Disney who'll be living happily ever after. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 23rd, 2008, 2:52 pm

Dusterian wrote:Once, I'm just saying that Enchanted is going to have a new release in the future, and probably not much farther than two years away. It might not be 2 discs, but it will be more than we got this year.

But if you want to have DVD quality of the film and bonus features now, and are okay with double-dipping and having two editions of the film, then go buy it.
Well,I"m kinda lost now,if it's not 2 discs then the only importent thing left is concept arts? I don't really care about commentary,thanks for helping :D.
So there will be a sequel? if there will be I"ll be glad :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 2nd, 2008, 8:43 am

Well,I got the DVD and it's good :D it's better then I exepected :D or is it my love to Giselle.