Iron Man 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Iron Man 3

Post by GeorgeC » October 23rd, 2012, 11:03 am

The newest Iron Man film doesn't get released until May next year, BUT....

WOW! That's a heck of a good trailer that just got released today.

That's the way to make a trailer that hooks people and gets them interested.

Let's just hope the script is better than Iron Man 2's was... They really dropped the ball after the first film.

The filmmakers either get the people back on their side, or this will be a significant setback for BOTH Disney and Marvel.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Iron Man 3 trailer online...

Post by Ben » October 23rd, 2012, 11:30 am

Yeah, I thought it was pretty awesome. I think it all looks a bit like Iron Man vs. Bane...er, um, Mandarin, but it progresses the story on and I like how they pick up after The Avengers.

Is it me, though, or close your eyes and Kingsley sounds a spot-on Kevin Spacey...!?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Iron Man 3

Post by James » January 31st, 2013, 10:14 am

Very cool dramatic image on the new Iron Man 3 poster!
http://animatedviews.com/2013/more-comi ... ovie-news/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 31st, 2013, 7:01 pm

The story looks like they're trying to blend A) finally getting around to putting in the Mandarin, with B) the Extremis comic storyline, where Tony meets a female scientist working on medical-nanobot technology, and takes such a beating from the bad guy that he has to upgrade himself as part of his newest suit upgrade--Hence the press statements about "Does the suit make the man, or vice versa?"

Like Dark Knight Rises, definitely has that Big Trilogy Wrapup feel to it. Which is fine with me, if it gives them more time to get around to Dr. Strange and Ant-Man.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 3rd, 2013, 2:48 pm

Along with the news of the new trailer for this coming out Tuesday, contract negotiations seem to be going on guaranteeing Robert Downey Jr. playing Iron Man in not just a few Avengers sequels, but one or two Iron Man sequels as well. Another rumor suggests he might appear in next summers big sci-fi/superhero movie from MARVEL Guardians of The Galaxy as well. Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man on the big screen???!? Fantastic!

This Marvel Cinematic Universe never ceases to amaze...
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 3rd, 2013, 3:35 pm

I think Iron Man is set to appear in the new Guardians of the Galaxy comic as well, so that would make sense. Marvel loves a little synergy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 3rd, 2013, 5:31 pm

I forgot he was gonna be in the new comic! That makes it all the more likely that the Guardians will be getting a visit from Iron Man!

My big question, for Iron Man 3 of course, is if they'll be using any of the story threads from the second movie, or they'll do what they did for the third Transformers: act like the second never happened and just move on. The second Iron Man is OK, but it's nowhere near as bad as Transformers 2 and I'd love to see Sam Rockwell return in some capacity. From the trailers, it looks more like the event of the first Iron Man and The Avengers will be what sets the third film in motion, but I wonder if the second movie had any consequences on Tony Starks latest adventure...
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!