Escape From Planet Earth

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Escape From Planet Earth

Post by James » January 31st, 2013, 10:18 am

Just 15 days until this comes out... anyone got thoughts on it? Excited? Blasé?

http://animatedviews.com/2013/seven-pos ... net-earth/

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Escape From Planet Earth

Post by Dacey » January 31st, 2013, 2:43 pm

I keep forgetting that this movie even exists. Maybe the actual film will be okay, but the character designs on the main aliens are VERY bland.

Still, since there are NO kids movies playing in theaters ride now, this might be able to make a buck.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 31st, 2013, 6:52 pm

When you find yourself actually CONFUSING it with "Planet 51", that's just....not a good sign for originality. :(

(It's gotten to the point now that you can look at the story, design, and voice cast, and smell "Dubbed Foreign Import" a mile off. The good Hoodwinked/Doogal folks at Weinstein would be another red flag.
And if it is a North American movie and just looks like a foreign import...that's even worse.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 31st, 2013, 10:32 pm

I know nothing about this film outside one poster I've seen. Just isn't really on my radar.

... but the poster did nothing for me either.
Last edited by Randall on January 31st, 2013, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 7th, 2013, 2:06 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... ein-418418
Writer-director Tony Leech and film producer Brian Inerfeld filed the lawsuit against TWC on the eve of the 2011 Oscars, alleging that Harvey and Bob Weinstein were "two out-of-control movie executives ... who sabotaged what should have been a highly profitable movie through a potent combination of hubris, incompetence, profligate spending and contempt for contractual obligations."
Well, they are, but let's not concoct too many fantasies, here. :roll:
"The producers of Hoodwinked" should explain why they got a second movie at Weinstein at all, and this is strike 2 of 3 for H&B trying to make Hoodwinked 1 happen again without understanding why.