New Terminator trilogy to be released

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Terminator trilogy to be released

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2013, 5:16 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: New Terminator trilogy to be released

Post by Ben » June 28th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Well, technically, a new Terminator 5/reboot is going to be made, which they hope will turn into a trilogy, but we all know how Salvation turned out... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: New Terminator trilogy to be released

Post by EricJ » June 28th, 2013, 6:55 pm

The new tranche of Terminator films owes its existence to the interest of brother and sister film producers David and Megan Ellison, children of software billionaire Larry Ellison, and who both operate separate production companies.
Yeah, whenever I see a new Terminator sequel/reboot headline, I always sigh, "O-kayy, who's got 'em NOW? :roll: "
Ever since the title went up for grabs post-Carolco, anyone with the money to buy the franchise title thinks he can make the 90's happen again, and we get to watch them get it so, so wrong.

(And after what happened to T3 and 4's production companies, I tend to think of the post-Cameron Terminator line as the One Ring of action franchises: Lost by its owner, and passing from greedy hand to hand, falsely promising ultimate power but destroying all who carry it, until it finds its way back to its true master...) ;)