Fascinating Pixar theory

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Fascinating Pixar theory

Post by Randall » January 26th, 2014, 5:57 pm

This is fun fan speculation:

http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/

Finally, the Cars universe almost makes sense!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Fascinating Pixar theory

Post by Dacey » January 26th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Brain...hurting....
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 5th, 2014, 6:59 am

I like it. It's like the Tommy Westphall theory although unlike that one, this one will likely fall apart eventually when a film comes out that simply can't be made to fit.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 6th, 2014, 6:47 pm

So...can someone tell me again how did all that work before they made Brave...? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 12th, 2014, 11:08 am

That takes a lot of mental gymnastics to follow .. let alone to come up with it. Fun, though.

I have a couple of pet theories on individual Pixar films. Nothing quite so complicated .. :mrgreen:

For Ratatouille:
Remy is actually the reincarnation of Chef Gusteau. The 'spirit form' of Gusteau that he speaks to is the remaining conscience from his former life. This is why Remy can read, and instinctively knows how to cook.

He is also, therefore, helping his former self's son (Linguini) to regain control of his rightful inheritance (the restaurant) -- which was usurped by Skinner. And steering events toward changing the outlook of Anton Ego, whose bad review had "broken his heart" in that former life.
.. and, for Up:
Russell's father is the boss in the suit overseeing the construction project which threatens Carl's house. Russell says that his dad is always very busy, and that he's good at building things. An out-of-touch executive is also the type of guy that might buy his son a GPS as a 'toy'.

It's even possible that Russell is dimly aware of what his father has been trying to do to Carl, which could explain why he's so evasive of the subject when asked.
Those are just theories, though. Not necessarily what is, in those films .. just what 'could be'.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 12th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Very cool Droo! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 19th, 2014, 9:23 am

droosan wrote:I have a couple of pet theories on individual Pixar films. Nothing quite so complicated
Love it! I'm stealing that "fanon"!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 19th, 2014, 4:30 pm

My kids had their tiny little minds blown when I told them your Up theory!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 21st, 2014, 2:40 pm

:twisted: mwa-ha-ha ..

Some further thoughts on that:
Russell's father -- if he is the construction boss -- holds a position of power over both characters early on, spurring each of them into taking the journey: Carl, by threatening to tear down his house .. and Russell, by promising to attend his final badge-pinning ceremony (about which -- as one might suspect of a busy executive -- he apparently doesn't actually care).

By the time Carl comes to terms with Elly and 'lets go' of his house, the construction boss has ceased to be a problem for him. Likewise, Russell ultimately realizes that he really doesn't care about the badge, after all. In 'letting go' of that notion, he finds a new father figure to look up to, in Carl.

.. and thus, the actual 'villain' of the film is 'defeated' by the 'heroes'. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 24th, 2014, 11:00 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 25th, 2014, 10:37 am

So how come Andy's mom doesn't recognise Jessie when she turns up amongst her son's playthings?

Nice theory, though (more likely is that Pixar just reused an earlier "prop", but there ya go...). ;)