Shrek 5 on the way?

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Shrek 5 on the way?

Post by Bill1978 » March 2nd, 2014, 8:59 pm

I'm not sure I'm ready for another Shrek and to be honest I don't think the movie watching community is clammering for another Shrek.

I'm one of those people who didn't find Shrek hilarious and ultimately was disappinted with the lack of fairytale lampooning that happened in that movie. Then couple that with the fact that Fiona became an orge in the end, I felt diminished the whole there is more to beauty than looks message they were going for. I felt that the message ended up saying beautiful people don't end up with ugly people. I think it would have been more ground breaking for Human Fiona to marry Shrek.

Shrek 2 was absolutely fantastic and my favourite of the series, to me it had all the bite that the first one wanted in relation to fairytales and the story was very strong.

Shrek 3, I will admit was a hot mess. But I know I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoyed the Arthus plot of the movie and wished the movie actually focussed on his story more. I feel Shrek 3 would have been a stronger movie if it was just about Shrek getting Arthur back to the throne. More needed to be done with Lancelot and Guenviere at the school etc. I would have ditched the whole Fiona is pregant plot and save that for #4. Perhaps have 3 ending with Fiona saying she was pregnant and then #4 could be all about Daddy issues

Shrek 4 was alright, as I type this I honestly cannot remember any of it, apart from the fact I was annoyed that Arthur couldn't even make a silent cameo in the party scenes.

I really don't see what a 5th movie could add to the franchise, as I felt they ran out of ideas for the 4th one and had to press the reset button just to make something.