Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Post by Dan » March 7th, 2014, 10:23 am

After years of being in development hell, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is finally about to be released on August 22, 2014.

Like the first film, the second will feature four stories. At the center is "A Dame to Kill For", a prequel tale set before "The Big Fat Kill" that chronicles how Dwight got his new face and became pegged as a wanted criminal (played by Clive Owen in the first film, played by Josh Brolin here), all because of a sinister old flame named Ava Lord (played by Eva Green).

Another story being adapted is the short tale "Just Another Saturday Night". Set during "That Yellow Bastard", Marv (once again played by Mickey Rourke) wakes up in the middle of the street surrounded by a bunch of dead young men and has no memory of what happened.

The film is noted for featuring two original stories. The first is "The Long Bad Night". A cocky gambler named Johnny (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) tries to take down the biggest villain in the city at his own game. Only he beats the wrong man and everything goes down hill from there.

Then there's "The Fat Loss". Set directly after "That Yellow Bastard", Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba) tries to cope with the loss of Hartigan (Bruce Willis) and starts to contemplate whether or not to avenge him by going after the man who destroyed her savior's life, Senator Rourke (Powers Boothe).

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller once again direct and write the screenplay with William Monahan (The Departed) contributing to the story. Rosario Dawson returns as Gail, Jamie King once again plays the twins Goldie and Wendy. Jamie Chung takes over the role of Miho (Devon Aoki was pregnant during filming), Dennis Haysbert takes on the role of Manute (due to Michael Clarke Duncan's passing), and Jeremy Piven takes the role of Bob (played by Michael Madsen in the first film). While it has yet to been confirmed, look to see Clive Owen resume the role of Dwight as the story progresses.

New cast members include Stacy Keach as Wallenquist, one of the villains in power of Basin City. Ray Liotta plays Joey, a married man who is cheating on his wife with an Old Town girl named Sally, played by Juno Temple. Christopher Meloni plays Mort, Bob's partner during "A Dame to Kill For", and Marton Csokas plays Damien Lord.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Post by eddievalient » March 7th, 2014, 3:01 pm

The original film quickly became one of my favorites, so I've been waiting for this a long time. Robert Rodriguez almost always does excellent work, so this should be no exception. I hope.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 30th, 2014, 1:51 am

It appears that the MPAA has rejected a poster highlighting antagonist Ava Lord (played by Eva Green) as being too risque. Deadline was the first to report this.

Click on the link and you decide: http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/eva-gre ... -the-mpaa/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 30th, 2014, 9:29 am

I can see their issue with it. But.... yowza.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 30th, 2014, 10:36 am

Well, at least it answers the question of where she got her surname from! ;)

Honestly, I've seen more sexualised posters that have been released. This one doesn't exactly show her boobs off as much as I thought it might by their explanation, though it should be easy enough to cloud it up a bit to keep them quiet.

How ridiculous, given the sex and violence within the actual movie...!