pacific rim

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: pacific rim

Post by Vernadyn » March 19th, 2014, 1:39 am

I liked Pacific Rim too, but I do think that the lead dude could have acted better. However, I thought the kid who played young Mako was just superb…probably the best acting in the whole movie.

I haven't seen After Earth or Battlefield Earth, and I don't plan to, so I'll take you guys's word for it.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 27th, 2014, 1:32 am

Heads up, Pacific Rim 2 is a go.

According to The Wrap, the date for Pacific Rim 2 is April 2, 2017. Legendary Pictures is teaming up with Universal Pictures this time around.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 27th, 2014, 9:22 am

I'm up for this. The first was just a fun popcorn movie, and I don't have higher expectatons for the second one. The concept just hits my sweet spot for a fun movie night.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 27th, 2014, 9:49 am

That's plenty of time to get those leads some acting lessons!

;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 27th, 2014, 12:14 pm

I'm happy about this (and had no problems with the two leads, really, so I'm probably a lot happier than James is ;) ).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » June 27th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Reportedly there is also an animated series (Yippee! On topic! ;)) and a new graphic novel as well. This is from ComingSoon.net ...
Pacific Rim 2 set for April 7, 2017
Previously teased earlier this month when director Guillermo del Toro revealed that he was writing a script for the film with Zak Penn, Legendary Pictures and Universal Studios have revealed that Pacific Rim 2 will debut in 3D and IMAX 3D theaters on April 7, 2017.

"The characters I love will return," del Toro told BuzzFeed in a statement. "Raleigh, Mako, Newt, Gottlieb and who knows, maybe even Hannibal Chau – but we are taking them into a fresh territory that will display amazing sights and battles. The first film set the stage and now we’re ready to have a blast."

In addition, del Toro and Legendary debuted a video in which he announced not only the forthcoming sequel but an animated series and a continuation of the Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero prequel graphic novel. Check back for more details on the film and expansion of the Pacific Rim franchise as we learn them.

The first film, which was made for about $190 million and opened in July of 2013, earned $411 million at the worldwide box office. Legendary's Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni once again produce alongside del Toro, Mary Parent and Callum Greene. Jillian Share will executive produce.
Watch the video at ComingSoon.net.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 28th, 2014, 1:29 am

Anyone here read the first graphic novel?

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » June 28th, 2014, 2:41 am

Read the graphic novel?? I didn't even bother seeing the movie. I just saw you guys talking about it the last couple of days and then saw the news item above on ComingSoon.net today, so copied it over here. :)