Incredibles 2

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Incredibles 2

Postby ShyViolet » May 29th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Clip of the Parrs fighting The Underminer! :)

http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/29/incredi ... iner-clip/
"It is written among the limitless constellations of the celestial heavens, and in the depths of the emerald seas....the world which we see is an outward and visible dream of an inward and invisible reality."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby EricJ » June 3rd, 2018, 3:17 am

Latest class-picture all-marketable-characters final poster for I2:
http://www.impawards.com/2018/incredibles_two_ver11.html

...And I'm sure it's only a coincidence that Jack-Jack is blasting away at a raccoon. No hidden messages there. :lol:

Animated Views Staff
Animated Views Staff

Postby Dacey » June 3rd, 2018, 2:45 pm

You're right. There are no hidden messages there.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby ShyViolet » June 15th, 2018, 9:18 am

Awesome that it’s 93% on RT! Will probably see it in a couple of weeks.

Also very interested to see how they work the whole stay-at-home dad thing into an animated superhero film. Only a Pixar/Bird film would take a chance on a premise like that, even if they don’t portray it 100% positively, (I haven’t read any reviews yet so I don’t yet know how it comes off. I guess we’ll see for ourselves ;) ).

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/incredibles_2/
"It is written among the limitless constellations of the celestial heavens, and in the depths of the emerald seas....the world which we see is an outward and visible dream of an inward and invisible reality."

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Postby James » June 15th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Boom! Incredibles 2 review is online! (It's hard writing a review without spoilers!)

http://animatedviews.com/2018/incredibles-2-film/

Vi, as a stay-at-home dad of 17 years, I completely approve of the way they handled the stay-at-home dad stuff!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby ShyViolet » June 15th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Aw, that’s great to hear James! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby EricJ » June 15th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Part of the problem is the villain is not fleshed out very well so motivations are shallow and what they actually want in the end isn’t spelled out satisfactorily.

...Ohhh yah--Knowing Pixar's (and Lasseter-Disney's) style of creating villains, I sat there taking bets on which of the three most obvious characters it would be. And when we got the reveal, I heard someone next to me say "...Yyyyep." before I could. (Although, to be fair, it wasn't the character I was betting on after the final trailer.)

The problem with Why The New Villain Isn't Syndrome is that Syndrome in the first movie was tied in with that "secret ingredient" of all classic-era Pixar stories, the "Not a Flying Toy Moment", when the hero realizes it was his own old-fashioned thinking that caused all the problems, and now he's got to change it--Ie., that the villain turned out to be the same fan Mr. I was rude to all those years ago.
Here, in addition to the villain becoming more and more obvious the more scenes we get with Elasti-Girl, the motivations come out of literally nowhere--
click to reveal content
Evelyn's problem is her wrist-slitting female cynicism, and her technology being overlooked by her brother's corporation, neither of which has the slightest thing to do with "Television" or "Relying on supers".

We essentially get two movies, the Elasti-Girl action movie and the Mr. Incredible-Mom comedy, that while they don't really seem to meet up until the end, they check in with each other by phone. It ends up feeling like an episode, which would have been nice if Pixar was making spinoff TV series back then, like Big Hero 6 did.

Still, the opening "Thank you for being patient" PSA did get a big cheer from the audience.
(And given the sheer non-stop "When are you doing Incredibles 2 yet?" nagging every single time Pixar announced a movie since 2004, you don't know the freakin' half of "Patience". ;) )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby ShyViolet » June 18th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Disney issues seizure warning; apparently a certain scene with bright lights flashing might affect epileptics:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/mov ... 708879002/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Postby droosan » June 28th, 2018, 4:45 pm

So, the short attached to The Incredibles was Boundin' ..

.. and the short attached to Incredibles 2 is Bao ..

.. therefore, the short attached to Incredibles 3 will be B. :lol: