Live Action Jem and the holograms movie coming!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Live Action Jem and the holograms movie coming!

Post by gaastra » March 20th, 2014, 6:48 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=96452

And it's got a director aready! Another 80s cartoon coming to live action.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Live Action Jem and the holograms movie coming!

Post by Dacey » March 20th, 2014, 7:05 pm

This will never happen.

Maybe I'll end up eating crow later...but this will never happen.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 21st, 2014, 5:37 am

Inspector Gadget, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Transformers and G.I. Joe got 2 or 3 big budget movies, each.

He-Man, Thundercats, My Little Pony, Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake have all seen TV reboots .. with varying degrees of success.

It's hard to imagine how a Jem movie could end up not ever happening .. :|

------------------------

Ooh .. y'know what would be truly outrageous..?

Truly, truly, truly outrageous..?

Miley Cyrus as Jem. :twisted:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 21st, 2014, 4:54 pm

...and the Josie And The Pussycats movie was big fun, even if it seemed more adult skewed than the original comics or animated show. That's the closest "what the...?" comparison I can make in taking a lesser known - and actually quite similar - property and turning it into a movie.

I'm not holding out for much, though, especially if Droo's suggestion, above, sticks! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 25th, 2014, 7:52 am

"this will never happen"

It just happened!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=98741

Aubrey Peeples - Jem
Stefanie Scott - Kimber
Aurora Perrineau - Shana
Hayley Kiyoko - Aja

The movie poster!

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » April 25th, 2014, 8:56 pm

droosan wrote:He-Man ... have all seen TV reboots
He-Man also had a rather horrible live-action movie way back in 1987, starring a young pre-Friends Courtney Cox.

Dacey wrote:Maybe I'll end up eating crow later...but this will never happen.
"Do you want fries with that?" ;)
(KFC = Kentucky Fried Crow)

Just don't forget to leave plenty for makers of this likely-awful movie too. :)

I read yesterday that there's also a live-action Barbie movie in the works. :roll: Probably due to the sales of Barbie dropping combined with Hollyweird moving slowly from "adapting" old TV shows to toys (Battleship was "adapted" beyond any sensible recognition of the boardgame). At least there won't be any shortage of plastic actresses to play the roles.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 26th, 2014, 12:58 am

Buzz Bumble wrote:He-Man also had a rather horrible live-action movie way back in 1987, starring a young pre-Friends Courtney Cox.

The live-action Masters of the Universe movie may not be 'all that' .. but the score for the film by Bill Conti ranks highly among my favorite adventure movie soundtracks. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2014, 4:48 am

The MOTU movie score is truly one of those cases where the music, overly bombastic, really does save the movie. It's pure Ernest Korngold in approach and all the better for not having had its budget slashed (as sadly happened to Superman IV); the full orchestral sweep certainly adds to the film and makes it feel a bigger deal than it is. As such, I have to say MOTU isn't a great film, but it's something of a guilty pleasure for me...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 26th, 2014, 7:39 am

Frank Langella once cited Skeletor as his personal favorite of all the roles he's played. That should count for something, right?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2014, 10:45 am

Sure he wasn't being ironic!? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 26th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Pretty sure he said that because it was one of the few movies he was in that his kids could see, and they wanted him to take the part because they were big fans of the show. But I may be mixed up on some of that.

Anyway, off I go to find a tasty crow to eat. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 20th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Juliette Lewis is in the jem movie. (misfit maybe?)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118544

Ryan Guzman cast as rio

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=99113

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » October 16th, 2014, 2:13 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 18th, 2015, 5:08 pm

https://twitter.com/StefanieScott/statu ... 92/photo/1

On set photo of jem movie now filming! Also it takes place in the 80s!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 21st, 2015, 3:03 am

Ben wrote:The MOTU movie score is truly one of those cases where the music, overly bombastic, really does save the movie. It's pure Ernest Korngold in approach and all the better for not having had its budget slashed (as sadly happened to Superman IV); the full orchestral sweep certainly adds to the film and makes it feel a bigger deal than it is. As such, I have to say MOTU isn't a great film, but it's something of a guilty pleasure for me...!

Isn't that the truth for a bunch of movies??? The best thing you get out of a lot films is the soundtrack!

Just off the top of my head films that have good soundtracks despite the movies themselves being questionable quality -- Raise the Titanic (I like the overture/prelude in this film better than the 1997 Cameron movie; THAT is the theme for that ship and not that awful Celine Dion song that became my most hated piece of elevator music after a year of hearing it played over and over and over again!); Flash Gordon (the Queen soundtrack; my favorite Queen album, period), Dick Tracy (I actually like the movie; I think it has my favorite Danny Elfman score), the two Burton-directed Batman movies (the music is the only thing that's aged well from those films besides the '89 Batmobile and it formed the basis for the music in the later DC animated TV shows and the original live-action [The] Flash TV series which had very similar music, too), Battlestar Galactica (soundtrack for the theatrical edit of the pilot episode; the theme music is one of my favorite movie/TV themes), and Star Trek (2009 movie; I think the Giacchino music is the best thing from the JJ-prise; the music fits well with existing Trek but the rest of the film is a god-awful mess).

Tons of other bits of music I like but those are the big ones from the films that I find semi-cheesy (Galactica and Flash Gordon for sure) or flat-out bad (Raise the Titanic and the live-action Batman movies) otherwise...