Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » June 12th, 2005, 1:21 pm

They should release another one this fall called: "Herbie: Revolutions" :D Have Herbie and this big truck fight in a climatic battle. Wouldn't that be cool :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » June 12th, 2005, 3:34 pm

I'll see Herbie for Herbie, just like Ben said, for some good old fashioned fun. Nothing against Lindsay (although it would've been easier for me to say that before she got all weird) but I didn't see the first Herbie for her so I don't have to see this new Herbie for her and I don't know why she has to show up bigger in the promo stuff than Herbie himself. Actually, I know why they do it but it is still irritating. Also, while up in Hollywood a couple days ago the billboards and other things I saw for the movie now seem to have stopped mentioning her altogether.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Yeah! Herbie is the star-wattage here folks! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 13th, 2005, 10:15 am

Don't go out and buy this, but get thee to a DVD rental store and make sure you see the widescreen edition of this brilliantly underrated and very fun old-style Disney adventure flick.

I liked this movie too. I saw it in the theater when it first came out. I don't remember all that much, but I know that it was lots of fun.

Back then you KNEW what a "Disney" film was supposed to be...

Speaking as a girl, Lindsey's cool so I'll probably see Herbie but maybe wait till it comes on DVD. I never saw the original Herbie.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney animation arm adds depth with 5 new films

Post by ericxoxp » June 16th, 2005, 12:45 pm

form: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2005 ... 34600.html

Disney animation arm adds depth with 5 new films
Thursday June 16 3:39 AM ET

Walt Disney Feature Animation has made its first public recruiting pitch to the animation community in four years with executives from the studio unveiling five films on which they are working.

They also showed off the animation tools they are using as Disney makes the transition from traditional 2-D pen-and-ink animation to 3-D computer animated features.

A team of Disney executives on Tuesday made an impassioned plea for the Los Angeles Professional Chapter of ACM SIGGRAPH -- the area's premiere computer graphics artists -- to join the animation studio during a session at the ArcLight cinema complex in Hollywood.

With "Chicken Little," the studio's first 3-D animated film, set for release Nov. 4, Disney's animation division is undergoing a transformation in the wake of several unsettling developments. Last year, "Toy Story" producer Pixar Animation Studios ended talks about extending its deal with Disney. Internally, Disney issued a controversial corporate mandate to end all traditional animation processes in favor of computer animation. And over the past year, several key animation executives departed the studio.

The Disney team touted the company's new Glendale-based computer animation building, which is earmarked for "Toy Story 3" production, which Disney is proceeding with under its contractual right to produce sequels to the Pixar films. The story follows Buzz Lightyear as he is recalled to Taiwan after a series of malfunctions. Learning of a productwide recall, all the toys in Andy's room, under Woody's leadership, head to Taiwan to save Buzz from doom.

The program included preview material from five 3-D computer animated movies in the pipeline, which will comprise the studio's homegrown animation slate through 2008.

Nearly 10 minutes of scenes and set pieces from "Chicken Little" demonstrated how Disney is tackling such technical and artistic computer animation challenges as fluid simulations, chicken feathers and fur, subjected to sophisticated wind modules.

A second project, tentatively titled "A Day With Wilbur Robinson," based on the book by William Joyce, follows a time-traveling 12-year-old orphan who hooks up with a 13-year-old kid from the future in settings that recall 1930's "Metropolis" and the cartoon television series "The Jetsons." The project stars stylized young human protagonists and a mustachioed and bowler-capped villain.

Ten minutes of rough story boards, hand-drawn animatics, and raw computer animation were shown from the tentatively titled "American Dog," from director Chris Sanders ("Lilo & Stitch"), which is scheduled for release in 2007. Sanders' canine, a TV star, drinks martinis with starlets and showboats on sets until he is suddenly abandoned in his trailer in the Nevada desert where he meets up with a radioactive rabbit and a one-eyed cat who are trying to find new homes.

Also shown were brief test shots from "Rapunzel Unbraided," scheduled for release in 2008. Longtime Disney animator Glenn Keane, best known for animating the Beast in 1991's "Beauty and the Beast," is making his directorial debut with the movie starring a computer-animated princess.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 16th, 2005, 1:53 pm

Thanks for the link, and welcome to the boards! :)

Seems this is confirmation that these films are in active development, and that Rapunzel has once again added the "Unbraided" subtitle back into its name.

Funny that they didn't/couldn't show anything from TS 3, since they were pushing the BUILDING that it would made at.

The BUILDING??? Me still thinks this is a bargaining ploy on the Mouse House's behalf to get The Lamp back into the fold.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 16th, 2005, 10:29 pm

Recruiting animators again after 4 years?

Heh...! These jerks couldn't WAIT to get rid of people a few years back, and they THREW AWAY some of the best animators that every worked for Disney Feature Animation!

I guess they're going to Siggraph so that they can sign on some young suckers who will work for 1/2 to 1/4 of the wages of the people they laid off!

(To be fair, Disney let people stay on a while longer AS LONG AS THEY AGREED TO HAVE THEIR WAGES CUT 50-67% FROM THEIR RECORD HIGHS! Anybody remember if Eisner, Katzenberg, or any of the other big-name CEOs ever take a salary cut so steep in a declining revenues yet? Didn't think so!)

There's no question the animator unions have NO BARGAINING POSITION left whatsoever with the Hollywood studios. They showed everybody that 20-year and older veterans were disposable.

What a sick joke this is...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bshum » June 17th, 2005, 5:53 am

I think this is exciting! the concept of American Dog sounds interesting :), it's good to see that Disney has a few cg films down the line. it's sad that they closed down the 2d studios, but at least they don't have to rely on pixar to be there cg outlet. Having all the artist back at disney, they could always go back to 2d films, as I guess a lot of the artist there will or may have 2d in there background anyways. :)

don't know, just my 2 cents :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » June 18th, 2005, 12:24 pm

I think it's great they now have such a huge variety of films in active development. Sure, there's no 2d animation anymore, but I have faith it will return. For now, I'm curious if Disney has what it takes to pull it all off. It does seem like they're serious about it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 18th, 2005, 12:59 pm

I think it's odd that these are the only ones mentioned. We've known about all these films for at least two years. Has nothing else been put into development since then? Are they waiting to see how their CG films fare before committing more resources to them?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2005, 4:03 pm

I wouldn't be surprised that they're waiting to see how ChickLit does before they greenlight anything new.

They have enough to release until 2008/09, so no doubt that the team on CL will get put to something new when it is released.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2005, 12:13 pm

Yes. He was also a boy in Disney's earliest draft of Chicken Little, with Sean Hayes voicing the title character, if I remember correctly. Then, Chicken Little was re-written as a girl, voiced by Holly Hunter, before being changed back into a boy, voiced by Zach Braff.

Wow, talk about having gender issues. (J/K :wink: ) It might have been kind of cute if it was a girl, though. We need more girl protagonists, and both Incredibles and Finding Nemo were cool for having strong female characters. And they weren't just a retread of the "I wish I could get out and see the world (read: meet the man of my dreams)" type of heroines you saw in Disney films a lot. Like Lilo, who was awesome, a female CL might have been really original.

Anyways, I think this movie should be good.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 22nd, 2005, 2:21 pm

"We need more girl protagonists" she says as she goes on to run off a list of several recent, big films, all of which have strong female leads!

Give the guys a chance too! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 27th, 2005, 2:40 pm

And James, that post you made was hilarious. In the DreamWorks article from Wired Magazine, it is hinted that the studio is already considering possibly two Madagascar sequels, in addition to a spin-off movie about the penguins. That's not a joke.
I LOVED those Penguins and I actually can't wait to see that film. Even though on the whole I don't really like spin-offs.

BTW, there's going to be a Shrek Broadway Show, directed by Sam Mendes. (American Beauty). I'm totally serious. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Give the guys a chance too!
Hmmmm, I know you're right, but a female CL would still have been cool. I think she would have been kind of like Lilo.

I defintely like the second CL teaser better than the first (with the reporters). I was like: "Ugh!" He reminded me of Woody Allen, only MUCH more annoying. I'm still not crazy about his character, but the others look funny. (particularly the pig)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

"Chicken Little" to be released in 3-D

Post by CoryMitchell » June 27th, 2005, 6:04 pm

Watch out..the sky is falling closer than you might think!

Click here for the story[/u]