Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » March 2nd, 2005, 12:51 pm

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » March 2nd, 2005, 1:00 pm

I don't know-- I had no idea what you were talking about. Saw the words "mature" and "disturbing" and a mental alarm went off, that's all. :D
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 2nd, 2005, 2:39 pm

I can't recall the exact words but what he meant was that the new Zorro movie will be focused on love, relationships and responsibility
Sounds like a Spider-Man film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » March 3rd, 2005, 3:19 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Chicken Little

Post by PatrickvD » April 6th, 2005, 2:14 pm

I love the new posters posted on the main page. They definitely get your attention. I am more and more intruiged by this film. I think it could be really good. Can't wait 'till it comes out. I used to be sceptical but it looks solid.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Chicken Little

Post by Josh » April 6th, 2005, 2:50 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Can't wait 'till it comes out. I used to be sceptical but it looks solid.
I hope soooo badly that more people begin to feel that way. To be honest, I don't know why people are so skeptical about Chicken Little. The early reviews have been positive, the campaign thus far has been solid... the film really deserves more respect than it is getting for the time being.

As for the posters, I like them too, in that they will definitely attract Chicken Little's target audience. Plus, they are very eye-catching.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 6th, 2005, 3:03 pm

I've been interested in it, ever since I saw the friggen NEAT trailer.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 6th, 2005, 6:23 pm

I like the one of Chicken Little's butt.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Chicken Little

Post by PatrickvD » April 7th, 2005, 8:29 am

Mickey A wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:Can't wait 'till it comes out. I used to be sceptical but it looks solid.
I hope soooo badly that more people begin to feel that way. To be honest, I don't know why people are so skeptical about Chicken Little. The early reviews have been positive, the campaign thus far has been solid... the film really deserves more respect than it is getting for the time being.
I think what most people are skeptical of is not so much the movie itsself, it's more Disney's decision to stop making 2d and do CG only, they take their frustration out on Chicken Little by saying it's gonna suck and that they made a mistake and bla bla bla. Ever since I heard it's being directed by Mark Dindal I've been looking forward to it more and more. I love New Groove, I hope he works his comedy magic on this film as well.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2005, 9:37 am

Shame they're not doing the same for Valiant. It's a good little movie that deserves more than the drop-in-the-middle-of-summer release date Disney is giving it.

Plus, releasing it under the Touchstone label ensures that it won't get that extra boost due to the Disney name as well.

The only thing I can think of is that they are doing this to bungle Valiant's release and cause a flop so that it will make ChickLit that much more "successful".

Like the new posters though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » April 7th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Ben wrote:Shame they're not doing the same for Valiant. It's a good little movie that deserves more than the drop-in-the-middle-of-summer release date Disney is giving it.

Plus, releasing it under the Touchstone label ensures that it won't get that extra boost due to the Disney name as well.

The only thing I can think of is that they are doing this to bungle Valiant's release and cause a flop so that it will make ChickLit that much more "successful".

Like the new posters though.
yeah, 'cause we all know nothing should stand in the way of Disney Feature Animation's big return to financial succes. And looking at their track record, I don't think it will be all that hard to top every film since Lion King. The highest grossing Disney flick since Lion King was Tarzan with $170 million. Since they are throwing an over the top promotional campaign and the fact that people mistake Chicken Little for being Pixar, I don't see the sky falling anytime soon. It's a shame Valiant will be sacraficed along the way. Can't wait to see Valiant, hope it's as good as you say it is. It looks fun.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 7th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Just asking, but is "Valient" getting a wide release in the US?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2005, 9:02 am

Yep, through Disney's Touchstone Pictures, in August.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 8th, 2005, 6:40 pm

Then I just might go see it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » April 13th, 2005, 11:39 am

I've always thought that Chicken Little looked pretty good to me. I think the story idea is very, very funny and I really look forward to seeing this one. Oh, and Zach Braff doing the voice is a major, major PLUS! This guy is hillarious (see Scrubs on NBC). I'm confident it will do very well.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]