Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2024, 3:16 am

Kraven looks camper than…well, I can’t really say on a family site, but you know.

To be fair, I was surprised Venom did as well as it did. It’s a completely nutty fruitcake of a movie with wildly inconsistent, almost schizophrenic tones — which, yes, mirrors the character, I guess — and a leading lady who seems to be in a totally different film. I haven’t seen the second one yet but from the trailer it didn’t look any less crazy for Hardy's mugging, though is supposedly a bit more focused. I donut know, maybe their "out there" take is what makes them different, but these other "sinister Sony" movies seem to take themselves too seriously but are just baaaad…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 27th, 2024, 8:42 am

Glad suicide squad 3 is now filming. Sure, wish we would get a thunderbolts movie with bad guys posing as good guys getting temped by the power of good however. Maybe one day.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/thund ... pugh-cast/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 9th, 2024, 5:30 pm

All Spider-man movies but the 70s ones heading back to movies summer.

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider_man/s ... #gs.5mnxp6

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2024, 8:01 pm

I love how the strikes have put us back in Covidland again, as far as new movies are concerned…! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 16th, 2024, 2:48 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 27th, 2024, 11:50 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 16th, 2024, 4:34 pm

Not mcu but we may get an x-men 97 big screen movie.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/mar ... l-studios/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2024, 3:34 am

I think a "movie" for D+ might be more realistic. Disney isn’t going to want to dilute its X-Men potential at this point for the intro into the MCU in a few years..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 22nd, 2024, 10:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_1biulkYk

[Note: Swapped this to a link only as it's totally NSFW and very much crosses the acceptability for videos on our forum due to the language used. Feel free to click, but be aware this is a red band trailer full of f-bombs. — Ben.]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 23rd, 2024, 3:10 am

Deadpool & Wolverine:
To solve a personal crisis, the Flash Deadpool travels to an alternate multiverse where all the characters he knows are now different. He must locate Batman Wolverine, who in this world is now a cynical recluse after failing to protect his world 's version of Gotham City, but Flash Deadpool manages to re-motivate Batman Wolverine into teaming up against a new alternate villain.

...Looks like a hit! :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2024, 6:13 am

It’s gonna be better than Flash, that’s for sure (though that bar was set so low it was buried!).

Loving the destroyed 20th Century Fox (yes, Fox!) logo in the background, making it clear that era's films are finished for good…well, outside of "THE X-Man" making it into this one. Too many f-bombs as usual (hence my removing the embedded version in gaastra's post above), and my only "concern" is that they look to be wanting their cake and to eat it too by mocking but also eventually going for genuality (yes, I just created that word) in the emotional stakes. Not been a Deadpool fan so far, but still hoping each next one will change my mind… :)