Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 13th, 2005, 9:44 pm

I love Mel Brooks, but he sure is running out of ideas!

First, The Producers gets turned into a Broadway musical and now they're talking about a remake of the movie, then this Spaceballs sequel business....!

I think Mel burned out about 18 years ago.

If that isn't good enough for you, MGM is releasing a new 2-disc edition of Spaceballs later this year. The current Spaceballs disc retails for $10 on average, has commentary, and is widescreen anamorphic. I really don't know what extras are going to be added to make this 2-disc version worth it.

I will say this for most of Brooks' movies on DVD -- thank goodness most of them (including the REALLY bad ones) at least have a commentary track and are anamorphic widescreen!

The only 2 Brooks' films out on DVD that don't have extras are The Producers and History of the World, Part I. History of the World is a Fox DVD so I don't know what's up with the lack of extras on that movie.

MGM did print a Special Edition of The Producers (with good extras) but it was a very limited edition. You have to look for it on specialty/aftermarkets to find it now. It just isn't in stores anymore...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » February 14th, 2005, 12:49 am

I don't hate him like almost everyone else, but he just did connect with me. I found him to be a totally useless, uninteresting ill-conceived character. But I can easily tolerate him onscreen.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 14th, 2005, 11:41 pm

Jar-Jar's just plain evil.

He's the REAL Dark Prince of Star Wars.

Vader's a pussycat! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 5th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Jar Jar Binks: How wude!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 9th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Face it: Han Solo would have killed him on the spot. :roll:

Plus who made up Jar-Jar's dialouge? George? Was he watching old re-runs of Full House or something?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 9th, 2005, 3:07 pm

OH WAH WAH WAH JAR JAR IS SO BAD WAHHHH

I like jarjar. Puh to all of you.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 9th, 2005, 8:58 pm

OMG Macaluso that is a great sig!!! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 10th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Isn't it "The Bus That Couldn't Stop"?

GeorgeC

Final Episode 3 trailer HERE!

Post by GeorgeC » March 11th, 2005, 1:37 am

I found this link off the AICN discussion about the premiere of the Episode III trailer after tonight's OC episode.

(No, I don't watch garbage like the OC and never have...)

It's legit folks!

Here's the link -- http://www.tylerobara.com/episode3/trailer.mpg

Have fun!

The download is almost 30 MB and it has some sound hissing and obvious VHS video tracking lines, but is complete.

There are probably better quality downloads out there -- I know there are several in HD format which have HUMUNGOUS download sizes --, but you're all free to look for those on your own! :lol:

I am cautiously optimistic about this film... I don't seriously think we'll see another Star Wars film as bad as The Phantom Menace was, but this COULD be The Empire Strikes Back of this trilogy by far...!

P.S. -- Don't let the OC shlep "fake intro" fool you... The real trailer starts AFTER the shlep gets done playing with his action figures.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 11th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Really, I'm serious, I kinda like Jar Jar. It's the Ewoks that I have a small problem with.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 11th, 2005, 9:02 pm

Bummer...

Bandwidth exceeded! I'll have to wait a day or two... :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 11th, 2005, 11:04 pm

Here's a great version of the trailer: http://www.movie-list.net/exclusive/sta ... hd-640.mov
Last edited by Josh on March 11th, 2005, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 11th, 2005, 11:13 pm

There are plenty of bit torrent streams out there of the trailer -- links provided at aintitcoolnews.com 's discussion of The O.C. premiere --, but since I don't have a PC (I use a Mac), I didn't use any of them.

Besides, the mpeg I downloaded seemed decent except for slightly hissy sound.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 12th, 2005, 1:23 am

Dang, that looks good.

GeorgeC

Star Wars music video news from DigitalBits.com

Post by GeorgeC » March 16th, 2005, 11:42 pm

From this link: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

"In other DVD news today, Sony Music has announced that the soundtrack CD for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will street on 5/3. So why is this DVD news? Well, as it turns out, the CD will include a bonus DVD-Video disc that will feature a 70-minute presentation of some 16 newly-created music videos of composer John Williams' signature themes from all 6 Star Wars films (set to footage from the films) that takes viewers chronologically through the entire saga. Each will be introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (Senator Palpatine) and will feature the music along with dialogue and sound effects excerpts in full Dolby Digital 5.1 surround. The package will also include a booklet with liner notes by George Lucas and a poster. Frankly, I'm as excited to hear this music as I am to see the film."