Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Official Star Wars Thread

Post by GeorgeC » November 5th, 2004, 5:57 am

MESSAGE FROM BEN:

In the interests of providing an outlet for everyone to post their Star Wars news (and for us mods to keep the forums as clean as we can!), we have started this thread.

Below you'll be able to read the archives on the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III release.

PLEASE POST STAR WARS EPISODE III TOPICS HERE. THANKS :)

Access Hollywood had it first on Thursday... You can watch it at the theater today now that The Incredibles has been released.

The final Star Wars movie trailer is up and I bet most people who watch it will go see the film to see if it's half as good as the trailer makes it look!

Here's a link to a hi-quality version of the trailer that you can download. I recommend DSL/Cable if you don't want to wait forever. The file is 10.5 MB big!

http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/Index.html

It's a medium-sized widescreen windowand should run decently on any computer with QuickTime 6 and a processor 500 MHz or faster.

SPOILERS BELOW!

The trailer starts with flashes of clips from the original Star Wars:
- Luke walks outside his Uncle's farm and gazes at the sky.
- Obi-Wan speaks to Luke in his hut and reveals how his former apprentice, Vader, betrayed and "murdered" Anakin as a montage of clips plays from Episodes 1-3 featuring Qui-Gon, Padawan Anakin, and other Jedi figures.
- Rows and rows of Clone Troopers from Episode 2 scroll on-screen as Obi-Wan narrates the "rise of the Empire" to Luke.

Mace, Yoda, and some Sith guy (Darth Sidious?) with a red lightsaber get some fighting in. Of course, we know which of these 3 guys survives to appear in the "next trilogy" (Episodes 4-6, aka the original Star Wars trilogy).

The Jedi Starfighter Anakin flies in this film looks suspiciously like Vader's customized Tie Advanced X 1 in "A New Hope." There appears to be at least one huge galactic dogfight sequence in this movie. Maybe we'll finally get a decent space battle at least half as good as Jedi's?

There also appears to be a fighter in one of the space battle scenes that looks suspiciously like the X-Wing in "A New Hope." I'm guessing we might finally be seeing the elusive and legendary Z-95 Headhunter onscreen for the first time.

Threepio finally appears with his traditional gold-plating.

Chewie and many other Wookies are in the film by the looks of the trailer.

Anakin and Obi-Wan have their final lightsaber designs. Part of their final duel -- which occurs after Obi-Wan realizes Anakin has turned to the Dark Side -- is shown and things don't look like they're going well for Obi-Wan. Anakin has Obi-Wan on his back fighting for his life and they are holding each other's hands trying to keep the other fighter from slashing with their lighsaber. It's a clash of blue against blue lightsaber. As stated in the Jedi novelization, the fight takes place on a raging volcanic field.

In an earlier teaser clip, Anakin is wearing his Jedi hood over his head and his eyes appear as an evil red.

Halfway through the trailer, Vader is revealed in his armor for the first time and answers in his mechanized voice to the Emperor (who's talking offscreen).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2004, 11:12 pm

I finally got to see it!!!!!!!! :)

I thought it was a wonderful trailer, great blending of the 1977 material with the prequels. There was a real sense of continuity. HC looks MUCH more threatening with that longer hair/red eyes, and I loved the clips of the final fight with Obi-Wan.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2004, 4:52 am

I loved the blending of the '77 stuff with the new too. Seems they did a bot of color correction to get it all right.

The only shot that stood out there was the "video game" look of all the Stormtroopers hesding into the star destroyer.

Wasn't a fan of the Vader reveal either. Needs something bigger than just him being hoisted up on a table! He was also too small in frame and not nearly as menacing as he should be. Hopefully that's from another part of the film, but, if that's Darth Vader's big entrance, then it's a shame...

The new footage looks great though, and has me excited again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 5th, 2004, 1:15 pm

I really wish they had showed that multiple armed sexy robot from the animated things in the trailer though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 5th, 2004, 11:11 pm

Macaluso wrote:I really wish they had showed that multiple armed sexy robot from the animated things in the trailer though.
Speaking of which, that animated mini-series will be out on DVD in the spring...definitely worth a purchase...or at least a rent.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Final poster for Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith

Post by James » January 3rd, 2005, 3:21 pm

Looks like a fake to me, but who knows - they all kinda stink.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 3rd, 2005, 9:39 pm

I have to admit that the image doesn't have as much of a "painted" look as the other final one-sheets. Still, I kind of like the tagline, even though I wish, if that is the real-deal, the tagline had played upon the tagline from Attack of the Clones' teaser poster. Remember the one I am talking about? "A Jedi shall not know anger... Nor hatred... Nor love." It would have been kind of nice if this new tagline was something like, "Anger. Hatred. Love... Suffering," instead of "Fear. Anger. Hatred... Suffering."

Anyway, as long as Revenge of the Sith doesn't deserve the tagline, "Fear. Anger. Hatred... Feelings of those who saw the film," I won't complain much about it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2005, 4:56 am

It looked like a fake to me too the moment I saw it.

Drew Struzan does all of Lucas' promo poster art, and this is just a photoshopped collage of still images (actually mostly from AOTC press photos).

The tagline borrows heavily from Yoda's speech in Phantom Menace. "Fear leads to hate", etc.

It's a good enough attempt, but not real at all... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » January 4th, 2005, 1:12 pm

Anyone else notice that Yoda is just flipped around from the AOTC poster? L-A-M-E

...not to mention it doesn't have enough lens flares :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 4th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Last edited by Christian on January 4th, 2005, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2005, 3:25 pm

What part of...
Ben wrote:(actually mostly from AOTC press photos).
...did you not understand??

;) 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 4th, 2005, 6:02 pm

Sorry, I had only skimmed through the thread.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » January 4th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Ben wrote:What part of...
Ben wrote:(actually mostly from AOTC press photos).
...did you not understand??

;) 8)
oops! My bad :oops:

sorry

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 4th, 2005, 8:48 pm

Ben's question was directed towards me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 5th, 2005, 9:38 am

Nah... just foolin' :)