Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Official Star Wars Thread

Post by ShyViolet » December 27th, 2016, 4:52 pm

:( :( :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 28th, 2016, 11:52 pm

And now Debbie's gone, too.

Just heartbreaking. :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 29th, 2016, 12:27 am

Yeah. Rough year all around. So many passings.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 16th, 2017, 3:58 pm

So...I found out what the Han Solo movie is likely to be called today...

...and, naturally, I can't tell anyone! 8)

So don't ask. But I think it sounds cool, with a Rogue One (which I liked, since it was the first "rogue" SW movie, clever!) vibe - it will also have the "A Star Wars Story" subtitle - and something about it that feels a little like a down and dirty independent 1970s Euro-thriller. Apparently it's a bit of an open secret on set, but if they do go with what I heard, I think the fans will "get it" right away and feel pretty happy with it.

Not sure how it would work with, if any, sequels, but I guess they can swap a word or two around or out for something else to make each one different but the same...

Goosebumps! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 16th, 2017, 5:26 pm

The Kessel Run: A Star Wars Story.

Do I get a prize if I'm right?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 16th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Good one! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 17th, 2017, 2:33 am

/not mine, btw ... just the work of some random genius on the internet :mrgreen:

//'google-fu' points to this guy

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 17th, 2017, 5:08 am

That is actual genius! I love the paper fold lines!

If only it *was* that...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 17th, 2017, 12:39 pm

But given Lord & Miller, I have the feeling that the fans will be putting a LOT more time, attention and scholarly discipline into the story/references than the directors will.

---
Just off the subject, finally saw Rogue One on vacation (somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean near the Bahamas--the theater, that is, not just the vacation):
And while I'll always defend TFA's Rey from the "It's all about the chick audience now!" fan accusations, just because she's that strong a Kasdan-written character (like Marian Ravenwood with a lightsaber)...hoo-boy. Rogue One was exactly what fans thought they were complaining about.
When Sneaky Spy-Jerk Guy (is it wrong that we're barely allowed to know any of the other heroes' names besides Empowered Role-Model Jyn?) says "This rebellion isn't just about you!", and Jyn replies, "You can't just talk your way out of this!"...if you'll excuse an outdated bit of sexism, that's exactly what a female WOULD say if the guy had a valid point she couldn't get out of either: This story IS All About Her.
Jyn gets the secret-sabotage news all to herself, she gets to singlehandedly re-inspire the rebellion all by herself, and when we see the holo of Galen delivering the important news of the sabotage, all the camera can focus on is Jyn's lip trembling, "D-d-d-daddy! :( " And when our empowered role-model finally faces down the villain all by herself?: "Nyah, My Daddy ruined your Death Star, and now you're gonna lose, 'cause I helped! :P "

I'll give it points for anal-retentively setting up the opening of Ep. IV, but even something as cool as that just re-emphasizes the basic pointlessness of "Franchise side stories":
Do we really NEED to know everything that happened offstage, or do studios need something to fill an Announced Release Date in between real sequels?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 17th, 2017, 3:24 pm

$1bn+.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 17th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Ben wrote:$1bn+.
"O-kayyy?", he asked, in the general
:?:
:?
:roll:
tone...

(Y'see, I was worried that a Star Wars movie wouldn't make money just for showing up, but thankfully, Ben's comment reassured me.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 18th, 2017, 4:02 am

You asked a silly question.

I gave the obvious silly answer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Ben wrote:You asked a silly question.
I gave the obvious silly answer.
Oh, so we "need" pointless Everything That Happened Offstage Movies (as opposed to the studios desperately needing them to fill release dates), because money.
Well, that...does rather push the needle into the red zone where Silliness is concerned. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 18th, 2017, 4:14 pm

:roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 18th, 2017, 6:34 pm

Dacey wrote::roll:
AHH!! THE EYEROLL OF DEATH!! :shock: Gadzooks, I am slain! (dies in theatrical RSC fashion)