Ant-Man

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Ant-Man

Post by LotsoA113 » December 13th, 2014, 4:35 pm

The next Marvel adventure after Avengers: Age Of Ultron recently wrapped filming! It stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang, a thief whose trained by Hank Pym, played by Michael Douglas, to become the superhero Ant-Man and pull off a massive heist. Not only is this cool to me as a Marvel fanboy to see Ant-Man on screen, but seeing flashbacks of Hank in the 60's fighting crime as Ant-Man should be cool to see, as we've never seen that time period in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Ant-Man

Post by EricJ » December 13th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Good, since IMDb still has it slated for July/August, but we've seen nothing but one concept poster and one SDCC teaser that's nobody's actually seen online. (The Michael Douglas one, not the Wright test footage from the last two or three years.)

And some dispute about whether Pym's "late wife" will be Janet (is she dead in the comics, atm?) or Pym's earlier wife from the original origin story? Are they going for history, or current-comic canon?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » December 13th, 2014, 9:29 pm

[quote="EricJ"

And some dispute about whether Pym's "late wife" will be Janet (is she dead in the comics, atm?) or Pym's earlier wife from the original origin story? Are they going for history, or current-comic canon?[/quote]

Janet will be depicted in flashback sequences, I have no idea if she'll be in the modern day portions of the story that make up the majority of the film (I'd say Meryl Streep should play an older Janet to match Michael's Hank, but I digress). One of the movies main character will be Hope Van Dyme, daughter of Hank and whose hairstyle bears a strong resemblance to Janet AKA The Wasp. Hmmmm.....
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » December 14th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Well, there was this production still that was posted some months back.

I understand there was more footage shown at the New York Comic Con that got fans who saw it very excited.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 14th, 2014, 10:59 pm

The real (non-Wright) teaser had its SDCC no-camera rule extra-strictly enforced, so all that was ever leaked out was an audio recording and a poster, but the former sounded pretty good.
They're keeping the comic arc of Scott Lang stealing the suit from Pym and becoming the new replacement hero--with Douglas's grumpy/troubled post-Janet version of Pym mentoring him for the battle--but apart from that, we're suffering an overdue shortage of information.

Not to mention a flood of YouTube poseurs that a real trailer would normally wipe off the map by this point.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 3rd, 2015, 2:01 am

Marvel has posted a true "teaser" online. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 3rd, 2015, 6:12 am

?!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 3rd, 2015, 1:37 pm

It's a spammer account, Ben. Trying to sneak through detection by reposting something that's already been written, only it's coming from a different thread.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 3rd, 2015, 6:38 pm

Be gone, silly spam person!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 4th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Marvel has posted a true "teaser" online. :mrgreen:
And the teaser of the teaser just showed up full-size on IMDB--
As noted by only just wrapping up, don't expect too many special effects yet, though.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 8th, 2015, 1:16 am

The first full trailer as seen during the premiere of Agent Carter the other night.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 8th, 2015, 5:02 am

There's already a supposedly better fan edit of this online, where the music has been rescored to make some of the beats hit better. It seems Marvel wanted to provide a "soft" into to this that wouldn't detract from Agent Carter's debut, so expect bigger and better Ant-Man footage as the release gets closer.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 8th, 2015, 5:31 pm

The problem is they released the trailer too early. This was primarily to give Agent Carter a ratings boost (and Ant-Man a boost too, I guess), but clearly almost no special effects are done on this thing yet. Expect a big production budget increase as Disney hires more studios to have them done by July (although I still think they should've just kept the early November date).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » April 13th, 2015, 12:37 pm

An awesome new trailer just dropped with more cool effects showing off Ant-Man's shrinking powers and some of the movies humor!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 13th, 2015, 12:39 pm

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say that it will be this film, rather than Ultron, that includes a Spider-Man tease of some sort.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."