Upcoming Aardman Features

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Upcoming Aardman Features

Post by EricJ » August 10th, 2015, 4:58 pm

And Minions and Tomorrowland...

Basically, this thing got almost zero publicity in the US, and with all the reports of it opening up overseas in spring, that niche of US fans who did want to see it were completely baffled as to "When the heck does it come out? September? October? April?--Did it already come out??"
Which was likely DWA's same case with W&G:Were-Rabbit, but October didn't help that one either.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 10th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Except that Wallace and Gromit still managed to open at number one. I think LG would've been ecstatic to have those kind of numbers for Shaun given what ended up happening. :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 25th, 2016, 5:01 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 26th, 2016, 1:48 pm

So pleased about this one!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 28th, 2016, 8:55 pm

The news about a new Shaun movie as helped distract me from my displeasure of there being dinosaurs in Aardman's caveman pic.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2016, 4:00 am

Were there dinos in The Croods (still haven't watched my Blu yet!)?

If there were, don't forget that Early Man very likely uses some basic leftover ideas from when that film was going to be an Aardman/DreamWorks collaboration.

Although time means they'll have been able to fashion their own story, I wouldn't be surprised to see some similarities, albeit in a very Aardman British take on the same concept. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 29th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Nope. No dinos in The Croods.

But I have no problem with them being in Early Man, really.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 29th, 2016, 4:36 pm

It won't stop me watching Early Man especially since I have enjoyed all Aardman films, as a film watcher it won't bother me but as a scientist and a teacher it does annoy me. I had the same issue with The Croods. They had thousands of real crazy animals to choose from but they decided to invent wacky ones for who knows what reason. But I will admit that if there is even one gag that makes fun of the creationist view of life on Earth than I will 100% think it was worth having dinosaurs and humans running around together.