Jurassic World

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Jurassic World

Post by Ben » June 25th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I heard the dino-kid idea floating around and I'm good to go with it. The director won't confirm or deny it, which means they didn't think of that but actually wish they had and like the idea. Certainly the ages about make sense, and it would be a very cool little nugget IF it was actually intended and true. Even though I don't think it was thought of before, there's no reason it doesn't work and I like the connection. It seems the filmmakers do too!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 20th, 2015, 2:17 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 20th, 2015, 2:33 pm

With anyone else, a cartoon adaptation (at least done with a serious comic-book style, unlike Jumanji) would have been sweet--
But we have already learned our lesson five times to keep TV cartoons FAR AWAY from Spielberg. You'd think we would have caught on after the first time. :shock:

The spinoffs links to All-Time Best and Worst Movie-Based Cartoon Series, though, is worth a look:
http://screenrant.com/best-cartoon-adap ... on-movies/
http://screenrant.com/worst-cartoons-ad ... /?view=all

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 20th, 2015, 4:36 pm

It may have been cool...but I'm glad it never happened...!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 25th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Jeff Goldblum officially signed on for Jurassic World 2!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... 2#/slide/1

:)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 26th, 2017, 12:43 am

I consider this good news. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2017, 4:27 am

One word. Resurgence.

;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 26th, 2017, 9:43 am

Well yeah, but that film was Emmeriched.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 26th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Dacey wrote:Jeff Goldblum officially signed on for Jurassic World 2!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... 2#/slide/1
Uh, quick advice from experience:
NEVER bring Ian Malcolm into the sequel after bad things went down in the first one.
Nobody likes an I-Told-You-So, and we sure didn't the last time.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 27th, 2017, 7:33 am

I knew he was gonna say that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Abraham Glatz » May 30th, 2017, 8:23 am

Well it's not near as good as the original, but it's still a fun action flick. Compared to other modern movies and sequels out there today this movie is great!
The best online rice cooker reviews tell us more than we think. When I cook, I can cut the time in half and cook the rice only for an hour.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2019, 11:58 am

Sounds like Jurassic World 3 will celebrate the entire franchise. Would love for more originals to return!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 31st, 2019, 7:18 pm

Yeah, sure looked like "Fallen Kingdom" was bad enough to shut down the chemical factory, so I'm guessing this is NOT going to be the "Jurassic World 3: Viva Las Vegas", as hinted at in JW:FK's wishful-thinking post-credit scene.

I'm guessing this one is going to be from scratch as "The Final Chapter!" to tie everything up and try to look like Endgame--Like Deadpool (ironically) said, there's got to be a #3, so nobody says the #2 sequel shut down the series.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 18th, 2019, 4:41 am

I loved Fallen Kingdom and the gripping, where the heck is this going rollercoaster ride, but is it me or is that new short film posted on our front page...uh...terrible!?

I mean, it’s odd right from the start, but it bizarrely just has so much wrong with it, like the Force has zapped Trevorrow's directorial powers. I’m not going to go all fanboy and start proclaiming I’m worried for the third film, etc, etc, but I hope it’s better, and makes more sense, than this weirdy, not one thing or another, or anything at all really, placeholder...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 18th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Here's the short in question:

Yeah, was kinda disappointed. I enjoyed the parallels to The Lost World but the writing was pretty hokey. That whole family bit in the beginning felt so forced. As was the naming of the Dinos. The mom tries to cover the kids eyes AFTER the little Dino was almost killed? Come on now. And of course the smart nerdy kid saves the day... with a crossbow. I'm surprised she didn't utter a catchphrase or smart comeback like "see, good thing I learned that today!"

The effects were pretty cool, and I liked the ending montage. The human scenes just needed refining. Although the short was kinda "meh", it doesn't at all turn me off of 3. If anything, I'm looking forward to it slightly more. The potential in all that foreshadowing. "Planet of the Dinosaurs" would be a fitting title!

Bet you we're going to totally see that Dino with the arrows again in the sequel. ;)