Wallace and Gromit

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 3rd, 2008, 2:54 pm

As Ben just said, it'll be about half an hour.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 9th, 2008, 7:03 am

I cannot wait for this, I myself is a fan of Wallace and gromit. Anyone know when it airs in the US?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2008, 9:27 am

I've no idea...but keep your eyes peeled on BBC America? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 9th, 2008, 9:58 am

I haven't even seen Were-Rabbit, yet. I'm quite behind.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » December 16th, 2008, 2:22 pm

I saw another promo for it today on the BBC. It looks absolutely magical and the best thing to come this christmas!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 17th, 2008, 11:24 pm

They'll probably do yet ANOTHER Wallace & Gromit DVD collection of the shorts by the fifth or sixth(?) distributor in the US.

I sincerely hope it's not BBC America. Their videos tend to be on the expensive side and I was so used to the $15 price tag I paid for my W & G collection on DVD last time!

P.S. -- Of course, who knows about a Blu-Ray edition? It's always possible a hi-def version will be released in addition to a DVD. It's becoming more and mandatory for that as time goes by.

Sales are also becoming more common for hi-def. You just have to pounce on this stuff when you see it. They happen weekly on Amazon.com and practically every other week at Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

I'm talking about discounts approaching 40% now! I just got something today that's normally $100 for the LE but it was on sale at Best Buy for $54.99 ...

Again, it's hitting the sales on-mark...

Now, if only the HDTV sets would drop a little more in price!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 26th, 2008, 12:32 pm

Saw this...And I just love it....

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 26th, 2008, 4:33 pm

We did actually have a pre-release review of "Loaf And Death" to go up on the site, but my Virgin Media connection has completely disrupted and corrupted my Windows installation so my regular PC is up the spout. I'm having to check in here from another location but once I'm back up and running at home we should have a lot of content going up that I haven't been able to post so far.

Stay tooned, as we say! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 26th, 2009, 5:51 pm

http://news.toonzone.net/articles/30905 ... er-22-2009

The release of the latest Wallace and Gromit mini-film is scheduled for September 22...

Full details on extras at the link.

There's also a release of all the Wallace and Gromit shorts in a four-disc DVD set and single Blu ray disc. Remember that a Blu ray holds the equivalent of 6 dual-layer DVDs on one (dual-layer BD) disc!

Looks to be a good deal from Lionsgate.

I do think Wallace and Gromit have got to be tying Evil Dead for the greatest number of re-releases on DVD...

Not that it's a necessarily bad statistic... It just speaks to its enduring popularity.

Can't wait to see a quality video version of the latest film myself!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » August 26th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Finally. As a Wallace & Gromit fan, I've been looking forward to this for a long time now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2009, 6:20 pm

I thought I posted about this on our front page a while back. I've had the info sitting here for a while.

The BD looks like a good deal: all four films plus multiple extras from previous releases and all 12 Cracking Contraptions. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » August 26th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Being as the only one I own is Were-Rabbit, this would be a very nice package!
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 26th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Oh, yeah. Definitely getting the Blu-ray.

The Warner W & G disc had the best extras to date overall, but the BD looks to include pretty well everything that was ever released.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 7th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Here's early cover art:

Definite purchase! I only have the VHS compilation and never got any of the DVD ones. Huzzah for procrastinating! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 8th, 2009, 9:31 am

Darnit! I've been so slow on reporting this release. I got the info and artwork way back at the end of July but never got around to posting!

Definitely the BD for me...as Rand says it has a lot of stuff from previous releases, including the majority of the Cracking Contraptions shorts. For once, "Complete" actually seems to mean it!