Leap!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Leap!

Post by Dacey » August 25th, 2017, 4:43 pm

There are a lot of animated movies we don't have threads for yet for some reason, so here's the first of a few that I'm starting to try to fix that. Is anyone seeing this movie? Tracking for it has apparently been pretty low, but then again, I've seen virtually no marketing for it. Also quite interesting that "Ballerina" fared reasonably well with critics while "Leap!" didn't (even though they're the same movie!).

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Leap!

Post by Ben » August 25th, 2017, 11:37 pm

I'm sure we've been talkIng about some of these movies around these here parts...probably in the wrong (other) threads!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 27th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Yeah I think this was discussed in our calendar app topic.

Anyway, Leap! failed to...you know at the box office.

http://animatedviews.com/2017/leap-fail ... ox-office/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 8th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Leap is...okay. Not a "must-see" by any means, but darn me if the film's not likable.

It would appear, though, that the box office returns are causing TWC to abandon their upcoming animated slate:

http://animatedviews.com/2017/the-weins ... n-netflix/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 8th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Netflix? Why not, that's where every OTHER foreign CGI movie shows up, might as well cut out the middleman.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Buchler » December 15th, 2017, 8:25 am

EricJ wrote:Netflix? Why not, that's where every OTHER foreign CGI movie shows up, might as well cut out the middleman.
I have a Netflix account so it sounds good to me. I'd be happy with more stuff like this just coming straight to netflix tbh.