The Lego Ninjago Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

The Lego Ninjago Movie

Post by Dacey » August 25th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Another thread we need, so prepare for a small flood of these. This one does look a lot better than some might expect, especially for a franchise that probably wasn't demanding a big screen movie (hence the studio using the name LEGO much more than "Ninjago"" in the marketing).

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: The Lego Ninjago Movie

Post by Ben » August 25th, 2017, 11:36 pm

Lego does not have to be capitalised!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 26th, 2017, 1:09 am

Think they're making 'LEGO' look bigger than the possibility of billing "A new Lego movie, without Batman in it!"
And now, Warner is going to find out what fueled the Lego Movie franchise to begin with...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 27th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Lego does not have to be capitalized, but it's how they always write it (for whatever reason), so I guess I did it out of habit.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 26th, 2017, 6:26 am

Doesn't look like this new Ninjago (awkward word!) Movie is going to change my mind about the franchise in general, going by James' review.

Perhaps the inevitable case of saturation and diminishing returns will wake WB up to the fact that they need a proper animation unit capable of more than just marketing someone else's toys!?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 9th, 2017, 7:32 pm

I thought it was fun overall. Probably a "6 out of 10" movie, I guess, but the relationship between Garmadon (sp?) and Lloyd provided plenty of comedy that made the film worth a look for me. Though in many ways, at least towards the beginning, it does kinda feel like "Lego does Power Rangers," and some of the action at the start is surprisingly (and almost overwhelmingly) bombastic.

Still, I have to like any movie where "It's a Hard Knock Life" is played on a flute.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Travis3 » January 5th, 2018, 3:54 am

EricJ wrote:Think they're making 'LEGO' look bigger than the possibility of billing "A new Lego movie, without Batman in it!"
And now, Warner is going to find out what fueled the Lego Movie franchise to begin with...
I've watched the movie. It doesn't fit with what happened in the series.