A Wizard's Tale (Here Comes The Grump)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

A Wizard's Tale (Here Comes The Grump)

Post by droosan » September 4th, 2018, 7:31 pm

This may be a 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it' theatrical release .. but A Wizard's Tale is opening in the US on September 14th (a little over a week from now). Apparently, it will also be available for VOD streaming on the same date.

This is a remake/adaptation of the little-seen late-1960s DePatie-Freleng Saturday morning cartoon show, Here Comes The Grump .. from the same Mexican studio which made a couple of Top Cat movies, in recent years.

I think it looks fun, despite its low budget .. definitely some interesting design choices, and nice bits of personality animation, here-and-there. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: A Wizard's Tale (Here Comes The Grump)

Post by EricJ » September 4th, 2018, 7:37 pm

I THOUGHT it looked familiar, until they blurted out the money-title...I also thought I was the only one who remembered that show. Although all I remembered from it was DePatie-Freleng trying to stretch an entire series out of Yosemite Sam's "Never stop quickly on a dragon" gag from "Knighty Knight Bugs". Friz neither wasted nor wanted.
(I also thought it sounded foreign, hence the title change for those 99% people who didn't remember HCTG.)

Mexican studios get nostalgic for the strangest things. :shock: