The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by piotr » November 15th, 2004, 11:14 pm

I heard of this book before, but I thought it was about psychology and BS, but if you see the trailer, you should like it:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/ ... alaxy.html

The CGI will be done by the same guys who animated for Harry Potter and King Arthur, 'Cinesite'.

It looks cool
"Life is pointless, unless you score."
-Piotr
www.nuzarc.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 16th, 2004, 12:01 am

FORGET THE MOVIE - GO READ THE BOOK NOW!!!

You will either not finish the book because you don't like it or you will thank me for the rest of your life!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » November 16th, 2004, 10:06 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 16th, 2004, 3:18 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

'Hitchhiker' Prop Replicas

Post by Chaya » January 19th, 2005, 1:40 am

The 'Hitchhiker' website has just posted limited edition prop replica's! You can check them out here
Definately a must have for 'Hitchhiker' fans :D
"May traditional animation live long and prosper!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Trailer for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Post by Macaluso » February 16th, 2005, 3:38 pm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst ... 48-4479863

This movie looks like buckets-o'-fun ^_^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » February 16th, 2005, 3:49 pm

I'll have to read the book as I have heard of it, but have no idea what it's about. :?
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 16th, 2005, 3:56 pm

I read some of the book, and I plan on borrowing it from a friend before this movie comes out. I haven't heard anything bad about this book, and from what little I read, it's really neat. So the movie just looks like a good ol' time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New 'Hitchhiker' Trailer and movie release now April 29th

Post by Chaya » February 23rd, 2005, 6:07 pm

Finally our fist real glimps of the 'Hitchhiker' movie, including footage of aliens (lots of the Vogons), spaceships (sadly, though, the Heart of Gold is NOT shaped like a tennis shoe :x ), and alien worlds. Apparently, Cinesite(Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) is doing all the special effects, so at least we can expect some pretty decent visuals).

DON'T PANIC!!!
You can watch the new trailer at the official website's movie news page

Also, yahoo movies reports that Disney has just bumped the release to April 29th, 2005 insted of May 6th as originally planned.

Hopefully they'll do justice to the genius works of Douglas Adams :wink:
"May traditional animation live long and prosper!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Hitchhikers Guide, BONUS TRAILER

Post by piotr » March 2nd, 2005, 3:52 pm

Bonus HG2G trailer:

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/feat ... lusive.asp#

Includes some funny commentary by the HitchHikers Guide's Narrator.
"Life is pointless, unless you score."
-Piotr
www.nuzarc.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 2nd, 2005, 6:03 pm

I love you

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 1st, 2005, 11:13 am

Yeah, so who went to see it? Anyone planning on seeing it?

I saw it last night. I thought it was friggen AWESOME. Mos Def does a PERFECT ford, even though ford wasn't black in the books. But really... There's a lot of things in the books that aren't in this movie and a lot of things in the movie that weren't in the book! Which probably wouldn't work in any other movie, but Hitchiker's... It just doesn't matter.

There are a lot of things that will be infinitly funnier to you if you read the books first.

And Marvin ees so cyoooot ^____^

We were in a theater where we were sure there weren't very many there that read the book. Me and my group of friends laughed at just about EVERYTHING, and many of the jokes made the audiance go "What are they laughing about?". And at the beginning of the movie... well, let's just say there's a musical number at the beginning that is just great.

While on this movie, I feel I should mention two previews. First off, there's some new movie coming about (forget what it's called), that's basically just Jumanji in space. Now, as we're watching this, everyone in the theater was basically like "What? This is just jumanji! in space!" and then at the end of the trailer it goes "From the creatore of Jumanji" and literally the ENTIRE theater went "OOOOOOOH!"
Then RIGHT before the movie started, they started showing the hitchiker's trailer again. The teaser one that they first released. And at first you're like "...what?" and then you think "Okay, maybe they are just starting the movie to be just like a preview. I mean... it is hitchiker's." and THEN... you find out that it's a chicken little trailer. They make it nearly IDENTICAL to the hitchiker's trailer. It was realy clever.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » May 1st, 2005, 1:23 pm

Zathura is indeed Jumanji in space. It looks incredibly lame and I hope Narnia, Harry Potter 4 and Chicken Little are gonna eat it alive throughout the holiday season.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 1st, 2005, 2:17 pm

Are you saying, Macaluso, that there is a new trailer for
Chicken Little in which the world blows up while "What a Wonderful World" plays? Or are you talking about another teaser trailer for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2005, 3:37 pm

Yeah, he's saying that there's a new ChickLit trail that's like the Hitchhiker's one.

I, for one, who never read the books but devoured the TV show and some radio broadcasts, LOVED HG2G.

The tone, pacing and everything were spot on - different than before - but spot on, with the new changes totally in keeping and just keeping it fresh for those that already knew.

For those who didn't know the series before (and my lady, Jenny, is one of them), there's nothing to fear - HG2G works as simply a great sc-fi spoof, and Jen loved the whole Python/Gilliam-esque take on the material.

Everything was self-explained and contained, so there were no in-jokes that would grate anyone coming fresh, while there were enough in there to please long-time fans.

I really, really, really, really enjoyed it and after Team America (which came out here in February), it's the second best film of the year so far for me (Valiant being a good third).

And...yeah: Zathura looks like cack.