AV Founder

Re: Disney's Wish

Post by Ben » July 21st, 2023, 5:43 pm

I want it to sound like Gizmo! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 21st, 2023, 12:51 pm

The live action animated once upon a studio short in front of wish will now air on abc. But why? This has many worried wish has been delayed to next year.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 21st, 2023, 3:52 pm

Either way it’s such a random way to premiere it. I guess this might be the aftermath of networks not having new content to air right now too.

Short looks amazing, though. It’s a shame it’s not debuting on the big screen even if it does still get attached to Wish.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 21st, 2023, 7:38 pm

Nice to see some deep cut characters in there, but Disney's 100 years is about more than just animation, especially in a live studio tour…

Nevertheless, this is a welcome way to celebrate…er, something, however it debuts.

Hopefully it’ll be a) awesome, b) more than a couple of minutes long, and c) have a card that reads "see it again on the big screen with Disney's all-new Wish" on the end of it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » September 21st, 2023, 9:34 pm

The short will be released on Disney+ the following day (a few hours after airing on abc):

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudiosCA/sta ... hRVnQ&s=19

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 21st, 2023, 9:38 pm

I know it's become a bit of a running joke, but the way the Studio treats Hans from Frozen, you would expect him to be the most sinister and evil villain they have ever created. With no chance for a redemption arc, I'm convinced a live action prequel explaining why he is evil would go out of it's way to show us that he has no redeeming qualities and we should not sympathise with him at all.

Outside of that, I know I will check it out and then re-watch to spot all the cameos and hope that at least one character from The Black Cauldron appears.
Ben wrote:
September 21st, 2023, 7:38 pm
Nice to see some deep cut characters in there, but Disney's 100 years is about more than just animation, especially in a live studio tour…

Totally agree that Disney Studios is more than just animation, but I guess it's easier to insert animated characters in with each other than trying to insert archival footage of live-action characters or finding a decent (silent) look-alike that everyone would agree looks like the character.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 22nd, 2023, 7:16 am

Well, he did try to trick a marriage to take over another kingdom, tried to freeze anna to death and murder the queen of another country with a sword an act that would have got him executed in real life.

He did try to murder two girls in cold blood back to back.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 22nd, 2023, 2:09 pm

He was, in fact, *so* bad that I deleted his number from my phone.

So now I’m Hans-free.

Thanyouverymuch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 22nd, 2023, 2:25 pm

Ben wrote:
September 21st, 2023, 7:38 pm
b) more than a couple of minutes long
9 minutes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 22nd, 2023, 11:55 pm

Bill1978 wrote:
September 21st, 2023, 9:38 pm
I know it's become a bit of a running joke, but the way the Studio treats Hans from Frozen, you would expect him to be the most sinister and evil villain they have ever created.
The, ahem, "new management" wants to keep Elsa's running misandrist "Sor-ree, Hans, not this time! ;) " joke from Frozen II, but let's be honest:
You wouldn't see Snow White doing the "Applecore, Baltimore" routine with the Old Witch and throwing an apple at her head.
(Well, maybe except for...oh, wait, they're not doing that Rachel Ziegler version now, are they?)

Also, the gag with Moana and Flounder just bordered on (maybe but not quite) the dismissive old-meets-new jokes we used to get on the old House of Mouse series that seemed to have a little too much Millennial fun at the expense of the Old Disney characters. (Eg. the Mad Hatter trying to pour tea with Mrs. Potts, or Jimmy Cricket warning Pinocchio that Pain & Panic are "a bad influence".)
Here, apparently, the Big 90's Four are now the "old" characters to be parodied by the post-Tangled 10's characters...Let's see how YOU like it, youngsters. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » September 23rd, 2023, 12:39 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » September 25th, 2023, 1:26 pm

Wish will be loaded with 'legacy nods' to classic Disney films: 'They're all over the movie'

https://ew.com/movies/wish-legacy-nods-disney-films/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 25th, 2023, 4:15 pm

True be told, I’ve been a little underwhelmed so far, but this got me a bit more excited. It feels like the directors have got the right handle on this.