Over The Hedge

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 9th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Yay! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 10th, 2006, 1:40 am

But what's with Robert Zemeckis leaving DW for Disney? Did he and Spielberg have a falling out or something?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2006, 10:13 am

Zemeckis has never been "tied" to Spielberg in any corporate sense. He even stayed out of DreamWorks even though it was his idea and was invited.

Spielberg has routinely produced some of his biggest films (I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Used Cars, Back To The Future trilogy, Roger Rabbit and co-execs on Monster House) but they don't have any kind of exclusive arrangement.

ImageMovers is essentially Zemeckis' Amblin and DreamWorks rolled into one. Without solid distirbution, he can take it where he wants. I think what Disney seems to be offering is exactly that, an exclusive distribution deal, meaning that ImageMovers would be based there and have their movies put out by Disney, but that Disney would not own the company.

Besides, ImageMovers is only a production company. They don't "make" films - everything for Polar Express and Monster House (only two of ImageMovers many films, including What Lies Beneath, Cast Away and Matchstick Men among others) has been animated at Sony Pictures.

Disney are not "buying" the animation of ImageMovers. They are structuring a distribution deal with Robert Zemeckis' production company, just like DWs put out Cast Away, Warners put out Matchstick Men and Polar Express and Columbia put out Monster House.

Disney actually is putting out Monster House in Switzerland, but this has nothing to do with the impending deal.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 11th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Cool short interview with Katzenberg and Tim Johnson:

Last edited by ShyViolet on October 20th, 2006, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » August 12th, 2006, 12:42 pm

first post!
i have seen OTH and its just the bestest movie i ever saw!
i loved Stella just because i love skunks very very much!
hammy was funny too

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 13th, 2006, 12:28 am

Hiya! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » August 13th, 2006, 9:09 am

hi! :)
i hope that the seqeul (sp?) has more Skunk in it!
:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 31st, 2006, 8:49 pm

This is pretty random but one of the guys who got to do a voice for OTH on the Apprentice (Sean) just won and was hired by Trump. (He played "Barbeque Barry")

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 2nd, 2006, 1:15 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to listen for him!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 16th, 2006, 7:45 pm

He only had like three words on camera anyway. He grunts and goes "oof!" when RJ and Hammy go racing by on their food wagon. And then he says: "Ohhh....my back!"

:roll: :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » September 17th, 2006, 5:02 am

haha. the name 'barbeque barry' make me laugh :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 17th, 2006, 6:20 pm

Yeah, and the other guy's name is "Lunch Table Larry". He has slightly more dialouge: he says: "Look oooooout!" and "Oh, what was that?" :roll: :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 18th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Hey, guys. "Over the Hedge" comes to DVD October 17, and will feature a brand new cartoon starring Hammy. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » September 28th, 2006, 12:54 pm

yes i heard of that :) wonder if there be an trailer.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 17th, 2006, 11:46 am

Several stores are including different goodies with the DVD of Over the Hedge. Here's a rundown of what each store is offering:

Best Buy ($16.99)

Kmart ("Low Price")

Target ($15.87)

Circuit City ($14.99)
(I couldn't find the weekly ad in my newspaper.)

I think Wal-Mart is also offering a special on the Over the Hedge DVD. Can anyone confirm this?

[UPDATE] Specs have arrived today for the UK DVD release of Over the Hedge, as noticed by DVD Active. Turns out the country will be treated to single and two-disc releases of the film, on December 4th.