Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 12th, 2005, 8:14 pm

If you jump off a bridge in France, then you are in Seyne.

*rimshot*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 13th, 2005, 8:21 am

Macaluso wrote:If you jump off a bridge in France, then you are in Seyne.

*rimshot*

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2005, 9:18 am

That was truly funny Mac. I'll be sure to tell my mother that in a half hour - she's a French teacher and she'll like that.

Might change it to "in Paris" for better comic effect though! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 13th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh. I get it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 13th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Sure then =P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2005, 10:25 am

FINALLY saw it last night!!

I certainly don't agree with James that it's the best animated feature out there for years, but it was an amazingly enjoyable ride and I'd love to see it again.

The details were great, though I wish Aardman would animated on ones (as Corpse Bride did), as the smoother movement really is noticable.

Was surprising how "young" Wallace looked - was that just me? - and that the film was really Gromit's show, where they have been a true double act before.

The original title of "The Great Vegetable Plot" still seems like the best option to me, as it would have provided a good few layers of story association as well as a good play on words.

Great, fun and surprisngly action-packed film, more enjoyable than Chicken Run for me, and well in keeping with the Wallace & Gromit style.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 15th, 2005, 10:28 am

Other than Chicken Run and Iron Giant (and maybe Shrek 2), I can't think of any better non-Disney non-Pixar movies in the past 10 years. And I actually liked W&G better than those 3 films!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 15th, 2005, 10:32 am

OK I forgot Ice Age. So how about this: One of the best (if not the best) non-Disney non-Pixar animated film from a major studio in the past 10 years!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 15th, 2005, 12:40 pm

I got to attend an event held at the High Falls Film Festival last Sunday. Teresa Drilling, one of the key animators on W&G, was giving a talk. I t was really cool! She told us how she became an animator, showed us stuff she did in different commercials, shorts, and films (including Elf and Chicken Run), talked about how she won an Emmy, what it was like the work as a stop-motion animator, all that kind of stuff. In the end she answered questions we asked (it was funny, because I already knew the answers to most of the questions...One woman asked how much time she would spend with the voice actors :roll: ). After it was over I got to talk with her/ It must have been a ten sentence conversation but I was just, like, in awe.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2005, 2:11 pm

I would agree that it's one of the ten best non-Disney features - easily! - and probably in the top five.

A very funny film. I think I would have placed it higher if it hadn't already been for A Close Shave and The Wrong Trousers, both of which featured similar gags and get played all the time over here on TV.

Still, the novelty of seeing W&G on the big screen cannot be denied! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 15th, 2005, 2:28 pm

James wrote:OK I forgot Ice Age. So how about this: One of the best (if not the best) non-Disney non-Pixar animated film from a major studio in the past 10 years!
Cats don't dance was pretty amazing :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2005, 9:51 pm

I love Cats Don't Dance. Darla Dimple was a great little pipsqueak villainess.

The songs let it down a bit though, and considering the material they had to play with, it wasn't as loud, fast or funny as it could have been.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 15th, 2005, 10:34 pm

what D:

I thought it was loud. And fast. And funny. Very.

And I loved the songs.

*Shakes fist at Ben*

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 20th, 2005, 3:47 pm

"Cats Don't Dance"? I've never seen that one. Don't remember it looking too good.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Wendy's Jane must see Cat's Don't Dance.

A conundrum though, since WB's DVD is cropped. If you have a LaserDis cplayer, try and find the OOP widesreen LaserDisc.