Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2005, 4:54 pm

In my opinion, this was one of the best movies of the year, even though it wasn't the biggest hit in theaters. Be warned: If you want to see a movie that really makes you cry, this is a good one to pick.

Warner Bros. did not pay me to post this.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 10th, 2005, 7:26 pm

I can tell you liked it from your avatar. :wink:

Meh. I've never read the books and the trailer didn't interest me. I'm REALLY not into movies like this (odd for a girl my age, I know).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 11th, 2005, 2:13 pm

Good for you! :wink:

Those films are totally not my thing. (I guess cause I'm older but they never were even when I was your age.)

I enjoy A Cinderella Story but only because of how DUMB it is. (plus I love the actress who plays the stepmom: "Droughts are for poor people!" and the soundtrack is cool.)

I doubt Cinderella could ever afford a cell phone with a text-message bill...(wonder which provider she had???)

However I do like Young Adult Books, (I'm taking a class now) so I might give the book Traveling Pants a try. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I enjoy A Cinderella Story but only because of how DUMB it is. (plus I love the actress who plays the stepmom: "Droughts are for poor people!" and the soundtrack is cool.)
We watched that on a bus on our way back from a feild trip to D.C. I had a great time making fun of it...While watching it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 11th, 2005, 3:32 pm

Yeah that movie's hilarious. :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2005, 6:37 pm

You know, I got this DVD more than a month ago, and I still haven't watched it! :lol:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 6th, 2006, 9:37 pm

This movie was so good.
i diddnt get a chance to see it in theaters :[
i heard somewhere though that beacause of all the good buzz sorounding this movie there have been talks to make a sequal.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2006, 10:47 am

Everywhere I go I see the book. Someday I'll read it.... :roll: :wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 7th, 2006, 1:26 pm

That you should, ShyVi! ;)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 17th, 2006, 7:28 pm

That movie is just bad, I'd rather watch Little Women.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 18th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Did you actually see it? Just asking.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 19th, 2006, 1:39 am

Wendy's Jane wrote:Did you actually see it? Just asking.
I've seen it, it's a bad film alright but Aquamarine and Material Girls are ten times worse.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 21st, 2006, 5:29 pm

Well, I guess I figured you wouldn't like it. Heck, I'm surprised you even saw it, since no one gets murdered in it or anything. :roll:

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 8:48 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Well, I guess I figured you wouldn't like it. Heck, I'm surprised you even saw it, since no one gets murdered in it or anything. :roll:
Ok I love Horror films and Anime but I do like other genres but besides there is a kids movie I liked actually and it's Don Coscarelli's Kenny & Company and apprently it's actually good unlike stupid films that involve overacting teenage boys and girls.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 24th, 2006, 5:03 pm

That's your opinion, I guess, but I felt that "Sisterhood" had fleshed-out characters and honest emotions. As for the film you mentioned, I've never even heard of it.