Barnyard

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Barnyard

Post by isaac15 » October 27th, 2005, 10:16 pm

your thoughts on barnyard movie. i watched thr trailer online. i thought it looked really bad. is it just me. the movie might be funny. i am just saying that the trailer looked preety bad. what do you guys thing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 27th, 2005, 10:48 pm

I thought exactly the same thing. :roll: Don't worry, you're not alone! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 28th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Why do the cows have udders if they're male? That's disturbing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 28th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Agreed! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 28th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Meg wrote:Why do the cows have udders if they're male? That's disturbing.
I have a theory

It's a cartoon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 28th, 2005, 3:43 pm

Macaluso wrote:
Meg wrote:Why do the cows have udders if they're male? That's disturbing.
I have a theory

It's a cartoon.
But STILL! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » October 28th, 2005, 3:50 pm

i watched the trailer again who it does look really jeap. the jokes are really lame.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 28th, 2005, 4:06 pm

But STILL!
I agree. Like in Cars (even though that film's look is MUUUUUUCH better than BY) There has to be somewhat of a believable world, even if the rules are different. You can't just turn everything on its head and say: "Oh, it's a cartoon." (IMO) Where does that leave the audience?

In Cars there are no humans....which doesn't form a believable world. In Monsters Inc at least there were rules about the Monster/Human relations: Monsters exist to scare kids and get energy from the screams. In Toy Story: Toys look like regular toys except when humans are around, and come to life when no one's looking.

In Cars:

1.) Why do the Cars exist?
2.) Who built the Cars?
3.) Why aren't humans aware of the "All-Cars" world?
4.) Who fixes the Cars when they get broken? Can they "die"?

And in BY it seems like all "rules" have been thrown to the winds. The cows can talk and stand up when they feel like it, the males have udders--it doesn't seem like a lot of thought went into this. :roll:

BTW that whole Cow-standing- up-on two-legs thing reminds me of that cartoon Cow and Chicken.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 28th, 2005, 4:56 pm

I guess stuff like that just doesn't bother me. You watch spongebob and they're underwater, and yet there's water UNDER the water, in bathtubs, through tears, etc etc.

So whatever "rules" you claim there are, don't matter to me. The cars thing. They're just... there. I'm sure they'll show explinations with that kind of thing during the movie, but all in all... okay so there's no humans. So what? Maybe they fix each other? Or not? Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

I've yet to see this barnyard trailer besides the teaser, so if there's a longer one, please direct me. But cows talking and standing up when they feel like it, while males have udders... anyone ever read The Far Side?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2005, 7:13 am

ShyViolet wrote:[ In Cars there are no humans....which doesn't form a believable world. In Monsters Inc at least there were rules about the Monster/Human relations: Monsters exist to scare kids and get energy from the screams. In Toy Story: Toys look like regular toys except when humans are around, and come to life when no one's looking.
What about Robots?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2005, 8:47 am

Robots wasn't a real place?

BUMMER! :(

Seriously, and back on topic, I think there is a reason as to why Barnyard has been pushed back from early 2006 to very late 2006...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2005, 4:13 pm

I hope they don't make this into a TV show like they did with Jimmy N. (Too lazy to look up how to spell his last name.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 29th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Hey. Jimmy Neutron's a good show.

That was another one I forgot to mention in that TV topic.

Jimmy & Cindy 4-ever lolz

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2005, 6:14 pm

What about Robots?
I think Robots suffered from the same lack of logic which hurt the film. If humans had been in it or there was some kind of explanation, the film might have gotten better reviews.

Robots wasn't a real place?

BUMMER!
Great, now my vacation plans are ruined! :lol: :D

I guess stuff like that just doesn't bother me. You watch spongebob and they're underwater, and yet there's water UNDER the water, in bathtubs, through tears, etc etc.
I see your point but...a TV show are a comic strip is different from a movie IMO. A movie is two hours out of your life, you're paying for it and it's there responsiblity to make the plot at least SEMI-logical.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 29th, 2005, 6:24 pm

The spongebob movie :O