Peter Jackson's King Kong

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 17th, 2006, 2:10 am

WHY didn't Kong get a Best Pic nom??????

:( :( :(

I think it deserved it. Although I guess with all the socially conscious films that were nominated, it might have looked weird next to them...? :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 17th, 2006, 7:39 am

I think it might have gotten a nod if it wasn't so LONG. If they had cut more out of it, I think it would have been a lot more enjoyable (I still really liked it, though :)).

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 19th, 2006, 12:11 pm

At least the film got four nominations. "Star Wars" only got one.

But I agree, a Best Picture nomination would've rocked. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 26th, 2006, 9:55 pm

I can't wait for the DVD!!! Also, Mad Mag has a spoof on the actual film.

Now for the sequal: King Kong II: King Kong vs. Godzilla, directed by Roland Emmerich and starring Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith. (Just kidding!!!!! :P :) :twisted: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » March 27th, 2006, 3:58 am

Now I don't know... I'm confused ;) To buy, or not to buy - that is the question ;) PJ is talking about high possibility of Extended edition release. The movie is very long in its original lenght... I would rather prefer 'reedited' version with refined pace and some bluebox/compositing flaws corrected - then it would be nearly perfect adventure/love story movie :) ...but still - I don't want to wait any longer for DVD, so probably I'll get both 2-discs and 4(?)disks versions eventually (like in LOTR case).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 27th, 2006, 8:51 am

The current SE, which is very nice and comes in a shiny slipcase, is pretty good, and worth it alone for the remaining Production Diaries.

There are also some fun documentaries, one of which features Jackson and the crew in period garb, pretending that Skull Island is real, and all that jazz.

In any case, the eventual Extended Edition will be a different cut, which I never mind double dipping for, as I did with all LOTR films, and you can bet that none of the supplements will be carried over from each edition.

I loved Kong - for all its length - and have watched it twice in the week that I've had my copy. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

King Kong EE DVD presentation on Comic-Con!

Post by Gnomeo » July 10th, 2006, 4:28 am

Comic-Con 2006 Official Programming for Friday, July 21!!!

4:00-4:15 Universal Home Video: King Kong Deluxe Extended DVD— A sneak peek from the upcoming King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition DVD will be introduced by a message from director Peter Jackson. Hall H

In about ten days we'll finally learn more about the Eight Wonder of the DVDs :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 10th, 2006, 5:21 am

Aarghhhhhhhhhh! as much as this is cool news and i followed Kong for over a year and own the prod diary dvd. I paid $35 for the cool Kong 2 disc special edition DVD and mine came in a sweet looking Tin, and now I will most likely force myself into buying the EE DVD for what $60? What am I going to do!?!??!
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

an idea

Post by Gnomeo » July 10th, 2006, 5:31 am

bawpcwpn wrote:I paid $35 for the cool Kong 2 disc special edition DVD and mine came in a sweet looking Tin, and now I will most likely force myself into buying the EE DVD for what $60? What am I going to do!?!??!
Since the edition will most likely be out for Christmas, you may add it to your wish list to Santa :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2006, 1:13 pm

This was always on the cards if you were as much of a Kong fan as that. We knew an extended edition was a possibility ever since the footage shown in the trailer on the beach wound up not being in the completed film.

I'm looking forward to this! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 10th, 2006, 4:50 pm

I knew it was on the cards. I just didn't expect him to do it so soon. He has another 50 mintues of footage that he could have included. I wonder besides the swamp and beach scenes this includes.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Getting Kong back to NYC...??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 10th, 2006, 8:03 pm

We knew an extended edition was a possibility ever since the footage shown in the trailer on the beach wound up not being in the completed film.

Yeah, I wondered what happened to that scene....

I still think Kong should have been a "presenter" at the Oscars..... :P :wink:

And I WISH I lived near San Diego.... :( :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

hehe

Post by bawpcwpn » July 11th, 2006, 2:15 am

Ben wrote:Getting Kong back to NYC...??
Did you ever see the little odd production diary sort of thing where Peter Jackson thanks the guys at Empire for the Empire Movie oF the Year Award as well as showing some bloopers from Kong and his funny little sneak peak at the extended edition?

I'll try and find a link. Its quite funny.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 11th, 2006, 12:08 pm

Yes, that was good.

The shot was even teed up as from the "extended cut" back then so it's been public knowledge that this was being worked on.

Of course, that shot won't be in the film, but I'd sure like some voyage back development there. A scene where they have Kong tied down on the front crago hold perhaps, and he starts to wake up. They chloroform him again and all is okay. Would make a nice bit of suspense and explain how they got him back - the film's biggest question...